Love the character!

-- Walt Sterdan

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,012

wsterdan said:

Love the character!

-- Walt Sterdan

smiley Thanks!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...another midnight jamsession...Happy Halloween, friends!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Sven Dullah said:

...another midnight jamsession...Happy Halloween, friends!

Interesting characters, love the flames!

Sven Dullah said:

Nice lighting from the sunrise... sunset? Which way is north? laugh

wsterdan said:

Which way is north? laugh

There's the title I was looking forlaugh 

edited November 2023

...another character/skin lookdev render;)

Vincencina skin awe.jpg
    1600 x 1867 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Simple but solid! I like the loose hairs, nicely done! The lighting, as always, is excellent; subtle, without stealing the show.

edited November 2023

Thanks Walt! I just realised I've somehow managed to forget about a whole bunch of G3 skins I own, so I'm afraid there's more to come;) Yup still using G1 with mostly G3 skins&stuff, so might as well put some effort into making them look ok..

Sidenote: I'm still seeing incorrectly set up IRay material presets all the time, and when converting to aweSurface the incorrect gammavalues will need fixing. More often than not, the values for specular-, bump-, normalmaps and even diffusemaps are all over the place. Go figure...maybe IRay is more forgiving than 3DL but I doubt it. Which probably means that users are either rendering with visible seams or complaining in the forums or sending in tickets/asking for a refund...?

edited November 2023

One of those experiments - minimal postwork (bloom)

Sven Dullah said:

Interesting image; I like the reflections on the floor, but the perspective feels "off". I think it's something to do with how the ceiling and the walls interact. You can tell where the wall ends and the ceiling starts, but I guess it's because the ceiling has no shape to it?

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Interesting image; I like the reflections on the floor, but the perspective feels "off". I think it's something to do with how the ceiling and the walls interact. You can tell where the wall ends and the ceiling starts, but I guess it's because the ceiling has no shape to it?

-- Walt Sterdan

Yup not quite there yet, merely a light conditions and transmission absorption test so far. It's basically a rounded box, divided by the elevator and walls. Will get back to it when I understand why the hell I made it:)) 

Castle Ground

This is the opening shot to many of the British murder mysteries my wife and I enjoy; that poor woman will be dead in the next three minutes and her body will be found by either an old woman or man walking their dog or some kids playing.

I *said* "poor woman" but over the course of the next hour or so we'll find out if she deserved it or not. Even if she did deserve it, murder is bad, kids, so don't do it!

laugh

Nicely done! I think mood is established very well by the lighting.

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

This is the opening shot to many of the British murder mysteries my wife and I enjoy; that poor woman will be dead in the next three minutes and her body will be found by either an old woman or man walking their dog or some kids playing.

I *said* "poor woman" but over the course of the next hour or so we'll find out if she deserved it or not. Even if she did deserve it, murder is bad, kids, so don't do it!

laugh

Nicely done! I think mood is established very well by the lighting.

-- Walt Sterdan

laugh

...or she could obviously be beamed up to the mothership the next minute...or digested by dinosaurs...but no, she's a survivorcool

Tks for commenting! These low light scenarios I always find a bit tricky;) 

Testrendering the Dystopia Gallery entrance (wip)wink

Sven Dullah said:

Wow, nice job! I sure don't remember it looking that good!

edited November 2023

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Wow, nice job! I sure don't remember it looking that good!

Tks! Well it ships with no textures whatsoever (and no doors, obviouslylaugh), but the topology seems to be pretty solid:) PolyHaven rocks:))

I thought the shape and appearance went well with the Dystopia mega scene, and it's low poly, so navigating is a breeze.

Here's the 2nd floor test:

Looks great!

Just to confirm, that's the Dreamlight Gallery, not a "Distopian" Gallery, right?

edited November 2023

wsterdan said:

Looks great!

Just to confirm, that's the Dreamlight Gallery, not a "Distopian" Gallery, right?

Tks & jep:) Now to figure out the actual PURPOSE of this buildinglaugh

edited November 2023

...hmm, it's awefully dark and quiet both in here and out in the real world, now getting about three hours of light a day and snow coming down...and down...

I just might be the last 3dl dude standing, but that's ok:) Last time I counted there were atleast five or six of us, but it's a while ago...cheeky

(petipet's Technopolis Tower, quick makeover, G3M Astronaut suit roughly fitted to G1)

Love the astronaut picts, very well done! The Technopolis makeover turned out really well, more realistic material then the original.

No idea what the Gallery is for; I would think that on a clear night, it might be nice to walk around and visit guests at an "event" while under the stars, but there sure seems to be more open parts than walls.

Sorry for not checking in more; after not having a single sniffle since 2019, my wife and I caught a horrile cold/flu combo that really knocked the stuffing out of me. It's been a long few weeks.

edited November 2023

Tks Walt!  Apology acceptedcheeky

Regarding the astronaut, I admittedly cheated there, tried to fit the whole suit to G1 and quickly realized it's not worth the effort. So it's just the G1 head parented to G3Mblush. The original G3M actor looked like a young teenlaugh.

Really sorry to hear about you and your wife, get well soon!

My dog sends you her regards:)

Sven Dullah said:

Tks Walt!  Apology acceptedcheeky

Regarding the astronaut, I admittedly cheated there, tried to fit the whole suit to G1 and quickly realized it's not worth the effort. So it's just the G1 head parented to G3Mblush. The original G3M actor looked like a young teenlaugh.

Really sorry to hear about you and your wife, get well soon!

My dog sends you her regards:)

Gorgeous, give her a hug for me. 

edited December 2023

Another G3M suit I converted/fitted to G1...(with my default G3F shape and a V4 texture applied), not perfect but workable:)

...and yeah that's the Streets of Tondo again, with a new street lol...the original texture couldn't cope with this camera angle.

The clothng fit looks perfect, especialy the boots. Love the background, textures on the buldings are perfect.