Show us more of your 3Delight renders

1222325272839

Comments

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2023

    ...eh like this maybe? Think I like it better...(sorry for spamming, I'll crawl back under my rock now)

    image

    BorisVildeStonehut aweLarge.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 7M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    Good call on adding the interior, I didn't really notice it on the earlier render but it does add an extra bit of realism, and it's balanced nicely here, just light enough inside.

    -- Walt Sterdan

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2023

    Mansion

    image

    AntebellumMansionG1 awe.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Nice!  What trees did you use in the foreground?

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    Tks! Those are Predatron's Silverbirch trees. Infact all trees are Predatron, over the years I've gotten all of them not using opacity maps for the leaves;)

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2023

    ...speaking of Predatron...found their Essential Lights in my runtime, UE2-based of course, which I'm not using here, but the skytextures are still useful;) 

    image

    image

    EligioTunic awe2.png
    1600 x 2589 - 6M
    EligioTunic awe1.png
    1600 x 2589 - 6M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    Sven Dullah said:

    Tks! Those are Predatron's Silverbirch trees. Infact all trees are Predatron, over the years I've gotten all of them not using opacity maps for the leaves;)

    Misselthwaite beat me to the tree question, so I guess the far trees are also Predatron's? All of them look great.

    -- Walt Sterdan 

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    wsterdan said:

    Sven Dullah said:

    Tks! Those are Predatron's Silverbirch trees. Infact all trees are Predatron, over the years I've gotten all of them not using opacity maps for the leaves;)

    Misselthwaite beat me to the tree question, so I guess the far trees are also Predatron's? All of them look great.

    -- Walt Sterdan 

    IIRC I used some Ashtrees, Hazeltrees and Oaks + a number of instances. The farthest away trees (forrest line) are part of the background HDRI. So a bit of cheating there;) 

  • When it comes to plants, there is no cheating :-)  Just sensible use of resources.  I still use the old RDNA flats to fill up mid-to-distant areas.

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2023

    The Black Rose

    image

    The Black Rose awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    Sven Dullah said:

    The Black Rose

    Love it! The ”Black Rose” (or Thin LIzzy's version of “Róisín Dubh”) is the name of one of the starships I'm currently working on for some short animaitons.

    Love the image, the petals came out nicely and the alien, top notch!

    -- Walt Sterdan

  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

    Hi All,

    Some really great and interesting renders in the thread.

    I'm old enough to remember when flying cars were what the future (now) was supposed to bring!

     

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    wsterdan said:

    Sven Dullah said:

    The Black Rose

    Love it! The ”Black Rose” (or Thin LIzzy's version of “Róisín Dubh”) is the name of one of the starships I'm currently working on for some short animaitons.

    Love the image, the petals came out nicely and the alien, top notch!

    -- Walt Sterdan

     Tks a lot, Walt! 

    Y'know, in rescent years I've become more and more interested in Celtic history and culture, probably partly because I can trace my ancesters back to around 685 AD on the Irish eastcoast. They ocasionally moved north and ended up near Birka, Sweden sometimes around 1100 AD. I've always felt..something.. when watching footage of those areas, including Scotland and Wales. And the music...laugh

    Off topic, kinda: I feel our history has been taken from us, hijacked if you will, by evil forcesfrown...laugh

    Would love to see some of your animations sometimes! Are you rendering in IRay, 3DL or something else?

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    nattaruk said:

    Hi All,

    Some really great and interesting renders in the thread.

    I'm old enough to remember when flying cars were what the future (now) was supposed to bring!

     

    Nice vintage vibe there! And a question: How many men does it take to get me into one of those Teslas?

    laugh 

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    nattaruk said:

    Hi All,

    Some really great and interesting renders in the thread.

    I'm old enough to remember when flying cars were what the future (now) was supposed to bring!

     

    Really nice, clean image, good shadows, and you've even kept with the "rose" theme. laugh

    -- Walt Sterdan

  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited March 2023

    a quick animation to test 3de speed, 4 minutes/frame average time

    cons: 3de texture loading, general d/s complex scene handling (scroll zooming, camera motion, scene navigation lagging even with much ram), need to tweak skin and hair

    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    magaremoto said:

    a quick animation to test 3de speed, 4 minutes/frame average time

    cons: 3de texture loading, general d/s complex scene handling (scroll zooming, camera motion, scene navigation lagging even with much ram), need to tweak skin and hair

    Looks great!  

  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

    thx Sven, only a quick test

    may I ask how to avoid/speed up the annoying texture loading in 3delight? in my scene each time I must wait 1180 textures to be loaded before rendering

    also, the zooming in/out in d/s is a no go, how to make it more efficient and fast?

    thx in advance

     

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    magaremoto said:

    thx Sven, only a quick test

    may I ask how to avoid/speed up the annoying texture loading in 3delight? in my scene each time I must wait 1180 textures to be loaded before rendering

    also, the zooming in/out in d/s is a no go, how to make it more efficient and fast?

    thx in advance

     

    Sorry, only thing I can think of is reducing texture sizes, and maybe saving out as a low res set for those camera angles that don't require the high res textures?  

    As for the second q, not sure I follow?

  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

    I mean the scroll zooming in/out even at 100 goes too slowly, the focal zoom is almost uncontrollable; maybe it would be enough to zoom by a certain percentage using the keyboard + control button. I find the navigation into the scene time consuming

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    Yeah, DS still uses one single thread for the viewport OpenGL, if I'm correctly informed. I tend to type in values when working with complex scenes. 

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    magaremoto said:

    I mean the scroll zooming in/out even at 100 goes too slowly, the focal zoom is almost uncontrollable; maybe it would be enough to zoom by a certain percentage using the keyboard + control button. I find the navigation into the scene time consuming

    If you're just having speed issues zooming in and out to adjust a scene (and not rendering the scene itself while zooming), I tend to have the Node Seletion Tool selected and either select the person or prop (or part of a person, like a hand) and then use the View Frame tool, which usually zooms right into where I want instantly.

    Don't want to zoom in that much? You can use the scene tab to select one item, then shift-click to select another and then hit the View Frame tool (in most instances it will zoom in enough so those two items are framed). You can zoom back out the same way by picking the largest items or two items on the horizontal edges of your viewframe and again, hit the View Frame tool.

    Hope that helps.

    -- Walt Sterdan

     

    Selection Tool.jpg
    636 x 292 - 45K
    View Frame.jpg
    636 x 292 - 38K
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,023

    @magaremoto

    A few things I've found that sometimes speed up the viewport.

    Subdivision: If something has it and doesn't need it then turn the Mesh Resolution level to base. If it does need it, then change the View SubD Level to  0 and turn the Render SubD Level back up.

    Changing the Display DrawStyle to an un-textured  DrawStyle can speed things up some to.

  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

    thank you guys for the good tips, start working on them

    here the cloudy version

  • I have been digging around in my pile of  'Started, Never Finished and Forgotten' files, and I picked one and finished it, so I wanted to share :-)  As a side note, I freely confess that this probably has more postwork than anything I've ever done; I was using Raw Art's Regenesis tiger as a base, and I wanted him furrier than my horde of assets could do for me.  I was initially inspired by a teapot (weird, I know) so I had an image I was trying to match before I drifted sideways from the china department and into the pimp-daddy fur coats :-D 

    To compensate for the post work (why is it such a guilty pleasure for me?) the text is inside Daz. ;-)

    Mad Cat smsig.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 1M
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    Misselthwaite said:

    I have been digging around in my pile of  'Started, Never Finished and Forgotten' files, and I picked one and finished it, so I wanted to share :-)  As a side note, I freely confess that this probably has more postwork than anything I've ever done; I was using Raw Art's Regenesis tiger as a base, and I wanted him furrier than my horde of assets could do for me.  I was initially inspired by a teapot (weird, I know) so I had an image I was trying to match before I drifted sideways from the china department and into the pimp-daddy fur coats :-D 

    To compensate for the post work (why is it such a guilty pleasure for me?) the text is inside Daz. ;-)

    Very impressive, postwork or not. The style and especially the grin remind me of Phil Foglio's artwork (which I've enjoyed for decades).Thanks for sharing. 

    -- Walt Sterdan

  • wsterdan said:

    Misselthwaite said:

    I have been digging around in my pile of  'Started, Never Finished and Forgotten' files, and I picked one and finished it, so I wanted to share :-)  As a side note, I freely confess that this probably has more postwork than anything I've ever done; I was using Raw Art's Regenesis tiger as a base, and I wanted him furrier than my horde of assets could do for me.  I was initially inspired by a teapot (weird, I know) so I had an image I was trying to match before I drifted sideways from the china department and into the pimp-daddy fur coats :-D 

    To compensate for the post work (why is it such a guilty pleasure for me?) the text is inside Daz. ;-)

    Very impressive, postwork or not. The style and especially the grin remind me of Phil Foglio's artwork (which I've enjoyed for decades).Thanks for sharing. 

    -- Walt Sterdan

    That's a lovely compliment!  I loved the Myth books and their quirky covers - I am trying to get my youngest to try them out, since he loves puns so much :-)

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

    Misselthwaite said:

    wsterdan said:

    Misselthwaite said:

    I have been digging around in my pile of  'Started, Never Finished and Forgotten' files, and I picked one and finished it, so I wanted to share :-)  As a side note, I freely confess that this probably has more postwork than anything I've ever done; I was using Raw Art's Regenesis tiger as a base, and I wanted him furrier than my horde of assets could do for me.  I was initially inspired by a teapot (weird, I know) so I had an image I was trying to match before I drifted sideways from the china department and into the pimp-daddy fur coats :-D 

    To compensate for the post work (why is it such a guilty pleasure for me?) the text is inside Daz. ;-)

    Very impressive, postwork or not. The style and especially the grin remind me of Phil Foglio's artwork (which I've enjoyed for decades).Thanks for sharing. 

    -- Walt Sterdan

    That's a lovely compliment!  I loved the Myth books and their quirky covers - I am trying to get my youngest to try them out, since he loves puns so much :-)

    You and he may enjoy Phil's "Girl Genius" comics on line, hundreds of pages for free with three new pages a week: 

    https://girlgeniusonline.com 

    -- Walt Sterdan

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited March 2023

    Sven Dullah said:

    wsterdan said:

    Sven Dullah said:

    The Black Rose

    Love it! The ”Black Rose” (or Thin LIzzy's version of “Róisín Dubh”) is the name of one of the starships I'm currently working on for some short animaitons.

    Love the image, the petals came out nicely and the alien, top notch!

    -- Walt Sterdan

     Tks a lot, Walt! 

    Y'know, in rescent years I've become more and more interested in Celtic history and culture, probably partly because I can trace my ancesters back to around 685 AD on the Irish eastcoast. They ocasionally moved north and ended up near Birka, Sweden sometimes around 1100 AD. I've always felt..something.. when watching footage of those areas, including Scotland and Wales. And the music...laugh

    Off topic, kinda: I feel our history has been taken from us, hijacked if you will, by evil forcesfrown...laugh

    Would love to see some of your animations sometimes! Are you rendering in IRay, 3DL or something else?

    I know how you feel about Celtic culture, I've felt much the same about Norse mythology and the people behind it, absorbing as much as I could since I was seven.

    I finshed and posted a first episode of a all-ages cartoon last week; it's more of a test of DAZ's lip synching, as well as a test of what an be done -- for free -- with a low-end machine in a timely fashion, so I used mostly OpenGL for the rendering with some 3DL here and there, like the animaitons of the main ship, the Hrimfaxi (named after horse in Norse mythology who pulls Night across the sky. The whole first draft (seven minutes of animation -- this episode is the first half) was done on an Intel MacBook Air with 16 GB of RAM. The whole first draft took roughly 95 hours or so (7 minutes of lip synching took just over 90 minutes) but part of the 95 hours was learning how to do most of it, and I actually rendered every clip two to four times for different camera angles, rendering each frame in about a second at 1080p. I rendered the second draft corrections using an M1 iMac where each frame was closer to half a second.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8075931/#Comment_8075931

    What's important, to me, is that I could make very slight changes to each scenes settings and render better quality final drafts using 3DL or iRay, if needed.

    As well, I could substitute G3  or G8 charaters for my custom toons, as they all use the same DMC file. Any saved lip sync pose can be applied to any G3 or G8 figures without changing any other part of the character's posign or animation. You could have two characters walking side by side and apply the speech poses without affecting their walking as the poses I save are partial poses only for the head and head's parts.

    For now, the OpenGL and my custom toons serve the purpose for testing and I think the overall look fits for the cartoon style.

    --- Walt Sterdan

    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • Oh!  I just got 'Featured Gallery Spotlight' on the newsletter at Rendo for my Mad Cat :-)  Someone else must have liked him, too!

Sign In or Register to comment.