Dforce long hair "sandwiched" in laying pose

Picture a g8f laying on her back on a beach towel. How couldf I make the back of her long dforce hair to go flat on the towel beneath her, thus sandwiching the hair between the two?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Have you tried?

You need the towel to have enough vertices to collide with the hair.

And then use animated timeline (I always use that), because when simulation starts the hair must not intersect the plane (towel). So you could have her floating above the plane when simulation starts and then lower her onto the plane. That would although have that effect that her hair piles up just below her head.

So instead I would place her in sitting pose floating above the plane for start, and then move her down to the plane as well as leaning back during animation in order to get her hair more following her body in real life.

Always remember to leave enough space between the character and the plane for dForce to work. If you leave a small gap, you can either close it last in the simulation or after simulation.

• Very good advice from Felis, describing the only way I got dForce hair to work like that. One thing that may work for the last bit of clearance, and it doesn't always work, is to stop the dForce one step before the end and use the towel as the collision target in a smoothing modifier when taking the last step of the animation. This way the hair is already pretty much the right shape, and you're just trying for the last bit of shaping, so the smoothing modifier is just trying to stop poke-through.