Delete package once installed

richard_2088836richard_2088836 Posts: 112
edited December 1969 in New Users

In the download installer where it says delete package once installed - Is this check box recommended and Can you delete these packages after installed ???

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

That's up to you - if, like me, you have capped bandwidth or a slow connection you would probably want to keep them (you can always move them to a back-up drive and bring them back to the downloads folder only at need), if you have a fast, uncapped connection and limited disc space you may want to delete them. You can select multiple items via their check-boxes and then delete is on the right-click menu if you leave them and want to delete them later.

• richard_2088836richard_2088836 Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Alright - I'll hang on to them - I didn't know if they still read from them or not - Sounds like they do !

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

rguy said:
    Alright - I'll hang on to them - I didn't know if they still read from them or not - Sounds like they do !

Having had to set up DS on a new computer recently and not having had to download all my files again for DIM because I kept my zips, I'm glad I hung on to them. I stored them on an external HD.

• edited November 2018

I have "Delete package once installed" and i found the packages weren't deleted.  I found the whole [lot] when i bring up my install manger.

edited for implied profanity

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • What do you mean? That there are still zips for installed products in the Downloads folder?