Hair won't simulate

I have the Jeanie Hair for G8F & G8.1F but for some reason it won't simulate.  

Its has all the dforce settings & fibermesh settings but when you hit simulate it thows up the following error "Error Preparing Items to Simulate and Collide"

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 20.08.30.png
1018 x 798 - 137K
Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 20.07.15.png
1016 x 1102 - 232K
Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 20.06.45.png
892 x 484 - 352K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,338

When I get that error, what (usually) works for me is just to close DS and reopen it.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Gordig said:

When I get that error, what (usually) works for me is just to close DS and reopen it.

Tried that, doesn't seem to work with this one 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,323

I had a similar problem with Seok hair. I reported it to CS over a year ago. They reported it to the bug tracker, and nothing was ever done to fix it. No advice was offered to make it work. The help request is still open a year later. I got disgusted and returned the whole character bundle.

Request #337373
    Seok Hair has dForce surface settings but always fails to simulate
    Seok Hair has dForce surface settings but always fails to simulate. It always causes error "Error preparing objects to simulate and collide". Please correct this product.
    To recreate this problem:
    1) Load Genesis 3 Male and select him in the Scene pane.
    2) Load Seok Hair
    3) Set Simulation Settings to default
    4) Run Simulation
    5) Observe that an error occurs.

I see that Jeanie Hair, like Seok Hair, has simulation settings, but does not have dForce in the product name. Both have the same vendor, Propschick. It looks like these hairs are not really meant to be simulated and they were created incorrectly by the vendor.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

When I hit dForce problems I often remove the custom setting and add the generic dynamic dForce surface. In a lot of cases the generic one works better than the one that comes with the product.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

barbult said:

I see that Jeanie Hair, like Seok Hair, has simulation settings, but does not have dForce in the product name. Both have the same vendor, Propschick. It looks like these hairs are not really meant to be simulated and they were created incorrectly by the vendor.

I was wondering that as the Jeanie Hair is labeled as Fibremesh in the store discription 

@Platnumk I updated my help request to ask them to also look at Jeanie Hair. They requested that you submit a help request about the Jeanie Hair, so they can attach your email address to the bug report, to let you know when it is fixed. I think the fix will be to remove the simulation settings from the hair, because they should not have been there in the first place. It is not hair that can be simulated.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

I'm glad that I found your post here @barbult. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Jeanie hair would not simulate, and you have the answer right here. Thank you!

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

Funny, I'm having the same issue with Atlas Hair (also from Propschick).

• I think you can add PropsChick Cassyus hair to this list.  It is a fiber mesh hair with dForce settings in the surfaces but it won't simulate.