Help needed please. Emissive stuff.

Hi,

I am in dire need of help. I have been trying for hours to get emissive working the way i would love it to work, but to no avail. I want the emissive lights to show and not the object. That should be invisible, i have done it in poser, but since i moved to daz studio, i would love to have it work the same way. I will show you what i mean, those are poser files, but i would love to have the same result. The first is the object, that is just a blob a little shaped into the figure. The second 1 is when all lights are off and the last 1 is the effect i am trying to achieve in daz studio. So please, help me i am at my wits end. Thank you.

The blob.png
1087 x 825 - 109K
Dark.png
1085 x 829 - 6K
Untitled.png
1085 x 832 - 996K

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean,  but I give it a try. If I'm wrong,  just ignore me. I'm guessing that you want the blob to be the light source? If so, go into the shader settins for it and make it nearly transparent (0.09?). Then turn on double sided, and you should be good to go. You might have to increase the glossy reflectivity of your floor to get the light effect there. The trick will be to get the opacity low enough to easily see the figure, yet high enough to create the reflection. You might need to do two renders and combine them in post. One with a high opacity on the blob, and one with a very low opacity. In photoshop/gimp/etc. make a selection mask using the blob in the image where it's visible,  then use that selection mask to select the figure and paste it onto the image/layer with the blob. The downside to Iray is that some of the tricks available in unbiased render engines can't be easily duplicated. 

• TarantanamirTarantanamir Posts: 33
    edited August 2021

Thanks for your reply @DustRider. Yes you are correct, that is what i am trying to achieve. It was late and i was frustrated, so maybe my post wasn't clear. Sadly but i already tried that, in poser the blob is completely invisible, in daz studio the shape is still visible, no matter how low the cutout is. But i will keep trying.

Post edited by Tarantanamir on
  • galiengalien Posts: 136

If you are using iRay, use a lower value than DustRider suggests for cutout opacity - something like 0.0000001.

• Thank you for your reply @galien. I have tried every setting i could think of, but i keep seeing that "blob". I will keep searching and trying till i find a solution.