Importing OBJ from ZBrush as morph?

In the past, I've used GoZ to export from Daz to ZBrush and vice-versa.  I gather GoZ is not working properly with this version of Daz Studio.  I can't get it to export the whole G8 figure, and while I can use GoZ to import a sculpted mesh back into Daz, Daz will only give me the option to "create new object," not to "update an existing object."  The later radio button refuses to be pushed.  The drop-down menu won't let me select the G8 figure. 

I can still import the new mesh as an OBJ file.  How do I now go about using it to create a morph for the G8 figure?  I know it's a basic question, but normally it happens automatically using GoZ, and I can't figure out how to do it manually.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

Are you making sure to export the figure at base resolution, without the eyelashes, and import it at the same resolution?

• SelekSelek Posts: 70

Yes, I did all that.  It works fine if I use the Genesis 8 model.  The problem seems to be that I'm trying to use the Genesis 8.1 female model.  I export it at base mesh, subdivision 1, scaling it to Modo; I move the nose without adding geometry in ZBrush; I export; I try to import into Daz using Morph Loader Pro, but it reports a geometry mismatch.

Is it not possible to export the 8.1 female model to ZBrush for sculpting?  

• Selek said:

Yes, I did all that.  It works fine if I use the Genesis 8 model.  The problem seems to be that I'm trying to use the Genesis 8.1 female model.  I export it at base mesh, subdivision 1, scaling it to Modo; I move the nose without adding geometry in ZBrush; I export; I try to import into Daz using Morph Loader Pro, but it reports a geometry mismatch.

Is it not possible to export the 8.1 female model to ZBrush for sculpting?  

The base mesh is the same, so if you are otherwise matching the settings it's likely you are missing a parented item that needs to be removed.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

Try using the dev load 8.1F. 

• SelekSelek Posts: 70

The base mesh is the same, so if you are otherwise matching the settings it's likely you are missing a parented item that needs to be removed.

This was indeed the issue.  I had hidden the lashes, but I forgot to hide the tear.  Once I did that, I was able to export to ZBrush, sculpt, and import back into Daz to make a morph.  Thanks for the help!