[released] Castle Creator for Daz Studio [Commercial]

Welcome to Castle Creator for Daz Studio, your all-in-one Castle builder, where you get to control every step of the process - from the size of the walls to the number, shape, and position of the windows on each tower. If you don't feel like building it yourself, Castle Creator comes with three fully built castles, as well as over seventy prebuilt sections, such as towers, buildings, and entrances.

There are over 250 individual sections, and each one has built-in ERC sliders to snap the pieces together like building blocks for a quick and effortless process.

There are three round tower sizes, Hex and square towers, battlements or conical roofs, and five different window types, enabling you to create countless castle styles from many different regions or eras.

Instance scripts allow you to add dozens of sections together without overloading your system and once you have completed your masterpiece, OBJ scripts will allow you to save the castle as a single object which is far less resource hungry and can also be exported into other programs.

Whether you want to add a majestic focal point to your fantasy and historical scenes, or simply flex your creative muscles, Castle Creator will give you all of the tools that you need to create the right castle for almost any project.

https://www.daz3d.com/castle-creator-for-daz-studio

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

This is a must-buy for me and great job on this high-quality product.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Very interesting - hope to see more creators in the future.

• AnEye4Art said:

Same. I will definitely get a ton of use out of this set. Nice work on the promos too.
    edited August 2021

One of my renders with the ready made components.

CastleCreator01sc02pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 402K
    Post edited by Artini on
  •  

Thanks for sharing Artini. I love seeing how other people are using it. 

Artini said:

Very interesting - hope to see more creators in the future.

I'm working on a massive expansion at the moment that should take it in an interesting direction. 

GlenWebb said:

AnEye4Art said:

Same. I will definitely get a ton of use out of this set. Nice work on the promos too.

AnEye4Art said:

Thanks! It's been such a long project, it's almost surreal to finally have it in the store. 

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited August 2021

This went in my wishlist about as fast as anything ever did, and I'll be checking out very soon.   :)   Great to hear you're already planning an expansion.

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 291

Just bought.  Worth every penny!

Congrats on the first release, Brad!  I look forward to your future products!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2021

Didn't have time to make my own castle (was playing with DS while cooking dinner), so just used one of the preloads. Nice! Love it! Can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

Castle 2.jpg
    1200 x 845 - 222K
    Post edited by AllenArt on

Thanks. Will wait for the expansion with great interest.

•  

AllenArt said:

Didn't have time to make my own castle (was playing with DS while cooking dinner), so just used one of the preloads. Nice! Love it! Can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

Wow, wow, wow, That is superb!  Can't wait to see what else you come up with as well!

Artini said:

Thanks. Will wait for the expansion with great interest.

SnowSultan said:

This went in my wishlist about as fast as anything ever did, and I'll be checking out very soon.   :)   Great to hear you're already planning an expansion.

ah, that's great to hear. Thanks! I've plotted out two expansions haha. If there are any parts that you would like to see added, drop a link. We definitely need a good drawbridge. 

Write Idea said:

Just bought.  Worth every penny!

Congrats on the first release, Brad!  I look forward to your future products!

Thanks for the early purchase and the kind words. Very much appreciated. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited August 2021

AllenArt said:

I like it a lot!! Castle creator reminds me of citi engine for some reason. I've never seen anything in daz this high quality and one that seems to push the limits of daz. I also love that textures don't repeat themselves like some other models I see. I hate to see repetitive tiling because it looks cheap and unrealistic.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate a kit product that also has complete presets.

From one PA to another, good job!

I agree, it is the best creator we ever got in Daz 3D store.

The possibilities are huge and the clever usage of ERC and corresponding scripts are just breath taking - amazing product.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233

Daz already had a Castle Creator bought way back in 2007. Castle Creator | Daz 3D  I hope yours is a lot better.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2021

AgitatedRiot said:

Daz already had a Castle Creator bought way back in 2007. Castle Creator | Daz 3D  I hope yours is a lot better.

The two are very different. Faveral's had premade props that you could assemble in any configuration. This one you basically build the thing floor by floor, which means this one has more possibilities. Not knocking Faveral's (I have a TON of his stuff and LOVE it), but they are quite different ;) 

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233

Good cause I bought it already bought.

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 291

BradCarsten said:

ah, that's great to hear. Thanks! I've plotted out two expansions haha. If there are any parts that you would like to see added, drop a link. We definitely need a good drawbridge. 

Maybe an expansion pack to convert a medieval castle into a neoclassical or baroque palace?  Doric columns and domed roofs with sober-colored marble textures and arched balconies.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Write Idea said:

BradCarsten said:

Maybe an expansion pack to convert a medieval castle into a neoclassical or baroque palace?  Doric columns and domed roofs with sober-colored marble textures and arched balconies.

I second this yes yes

Castle Creator went in the cart right away; am working on a scene with it right now heart

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited August 2021

Has bought an Interactive License for Castle Creator.

Will have a lot of fun in Unity. Below is a quick example render from Unity.

Castle03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 948K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited August 2021

AnEye4Art said:

AllenArt said:

I like it a lot!! Castle creator reminds me of citi engine for some reason. I've never seen anything in daz this high quality and one that seems to push the limits of daz. I also love that textures don't repeat themselves like some other models I see. I hate to see repetitive tiling because it looks cheap and unrealistic.

Thank you. That was a major priority. It doesn't matter how much detail you put into the shape of the castle, your eye will always focus on the repeating textures. That took a lot of head-scratching as the textures represent a 6m square, but each 1.5m section had to be able to tile as well which is a small area to work with. 

Artini said:

Has bought an Interactive License for Castle Creator.

Will have a lot of fun in Unity. Below is a quick example render from Unity.

aaah, I was wondering whether anyone would get an interactive license. That's awesome! I'm really interested to see where you take this. 

3dLux said:

Did a quick and dirty render:

An amazing castle needs a setting to match:  

Andrey Pestryakov's https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-lands, @Oso3D's https://www.daz3d.com/osoview-arid-scrub-and-pine-ridge-backdrops  and @DimensionTheory's Cloudscape Creator

Breathtaking. I love these epic landscape scenes. 

Artini said:

I agree, it is the best creator we ever got in Daz 3D store.

The possibilities are huge and the clever usage of ERC and corresponding scripts are just breath taking - amazing product.

AgitatedRiot said:

Good cause I bought it already bought.

3dLux said:

Write Idea said:

BradCarsten said:

I second this yes yes

Castle Creator went in the cart right away; am working on a scene with it right now heart

Thank you all. The support and positivity has been overwhelming. I'm inspired. heart 

Write Idea said:

BradCarsten said:

I think you may like my next update. wink laugh

Oso3D said:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate a kit product that also has complete presets.

From one PA to another, good job!

Thanks, Oso. As a PA whose work and public persona I really respect, that means a lot. 

Walls.jpg
    1148 x 687 - 475K
    Post edited by BradCarsten on
  • Hi. Great job. Wich landscape you use in the promo images ?

• Castle Creator for Daz Studio: The Palace is looking really fantastic, @BradCarsten!

It's in my shopping cart for sure.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I am going to try the original, and if it's good I want the add-on probably as well. Somehow never seen this product before! Cool stuff!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311
    edited February 2022

I downloaded this product this afternoon since I'm already a proud owner of the original set. 

As for backgrounds, I intend to experiment with Lake Muirne and several of Andrey Pestryakov's sets. Any of these should do the trick. There's also the forthcoming Ultrascenery XT from Howie Farkes. 

https://www.daz3d.com/lake-muirn

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • @BradCarsten,

I own both the original Castle Creator and your latest upgrade, the Palace. Very nice work. Are your renders (specifically those in the Palace promo) Daz Studio Iray? If so, are you just using HDRIs to light the scene? If not, what render engine / postwork combo did you use? Your promo shots are stunning - especially the lighting.