daz takes forever to open

fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi all yester dya my bf down laoded 4.7 he installed via dim he thn installed genesis and all worked fine thn he shut down daz and retarted it again but this time it took ages like over 5mins to load up he tried this for three time and same thing happened so i sugested uninsatlling and reinstalling manually but the same happens works the first time but slow loading after he uninstalled and manually installed 4.6 to see if it did the same and it did so no joy there today he uninstalled and tried 4.7 and thts still loading exteamly slow worse thn a snail goes by this time were both frustrated while as this is going on we have also noticed in the document daz3d/studio/mylibray folder none of the content folders are presant in there but in documents/my daz 3d library the content is in there at first daz wasnt directed at my daz 3d library so he had to direct it there which is strange but still daz loads like a sanil and were not sure why as he has poser and his laptop loads tht fine and works ok with it so we had un in stalled 4.7 and everything hes clean cache registery etc restarted lappy and loaded 4.5 and tht laod like a snail to would any one know why it is so slow in opening up
he has windows 7
2g ram
terrabite hd

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What security software does he use? What message is displayed at the lower left of the splash screen during the long delay?

• fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

hes using avast protection im using the same and im using 4.7 and dont have tht problem as he does at the moment he is updating his avast so we will see