ISO: roller skating bvh motions

MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Does anyone know where roller skating bvh files can be found? I can't seem to locate any. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited January 2015

Thanks very much!
    I wish Turbo Squid provided a little more info about what's really included for the $35.

Post edited by Mediahead on
  • LeslieSOsborneLeslieSOsborne Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

After seeing your post I did a Google search for "roller skating bvh" and saw the Turbosquid link. I saw another site that claimed to have 'motion capture' of skating but I could only find a video of them doing the motion capture but not the actual bvh file. Here are a couple suggestions that may help.

[1] The link to the video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXql51tICE. Maybe you can contact the video's author and see where the bvh file(s) might be available. I couldn't find a link at the blog where the file seems like it should have been.

[2] Skating, like walking, is largely switching weight from one foot to the other. You might consider creating two poses, left foot and right foot, and then animate between the two using Animate (animate2etc) OR just animating 2 frames - 30 seconds of skating and export as your own bvh.

[3] You might consider a Google (or Bing, etc.) search for "motion capture library" or "free bvh files" and scroll through results. I've seen some public libraries that have hundreds or more motion capture files in bvh and other formats. In some cases hundreds or more bvh files are free. The only question; ice or roller skating and ease of use.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Thanks losborne.
    Yeah, I did the same search with the same results prior to my posting. The quest continues.
    Thanks for taking the time to search and respond!