How to load and use Nimos Bryce Buses in Poser?

shanemofojacksonshanemofojackson Posts: 43

http://www.daz3d.com/nimos-coach

http://www.daz3d.com/nimos-transit-bus

I bought one of the above buses before, I think the Coach. I didn't know much about what I was doing at the time, and asked for refund when I realized it was for software called "Bryce" and not Poser as I use.

I found out soon after that it can be loaded into Poser, although things like the wheels won't turn etc, which isn't a problem, so long as I can still just use the bus in my work and at least translate and rotate the entire buses wherever and however I please on the map.

I'd be happy to repurchase not only one of them, but both of them, so long as I feel confident that it's going to work for me, and no I'm not using the old files I asked for a refund on from the one I purchased quite some time ago, and will be honest and repurchase both of them, so that the creator of these files, as well as Daz can get their rightful royalties from the purchase.

But I just want to feel confident that it's not going to be a waste before I purchase these. So how do I load them into Poser? What steps do I need to take to make this happen? I would imagine since they aren't made for Poser, they do not use the same type of folder hierarchy, what then would I need to take and put in what Poser folders, etc, and then, how would I load it once in Poser.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What you get is a Bryce OBP and an OBJ. So all you can do is import the OBJ into Poser. It doesn't go into any runtime structure. You can unzip and file the obj anywhere convenient and then use the import command to get it into Poser.

import_obj_poser.jpg
    487 x 473 - 120K
  • shanemofojacksonshanemofojackson Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I really appreciate you taking the time to give a visual presentations with screen shots!

When I get back home, I'll be purchasing these!

Watch for me, and hopefully I don't have any problems!

Thanks again!

edited December 1969

Just purchased them both! Thanks again for the help my friend!

edited December 1969

I navigated from the Import options to the obj file, this is what loads. Any idea on how to get the better textures to appear on these?

buses.jpg
    948 x 641 - 101K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It looks like you will have to tweak the textures in the Mat room. How many material zones does the obj have when you go there.