Questions about Eclypse for Genesis 2 Female(s)

EmerenEmeren Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello. I'm fairly new to Daz3D Studio, having only been using it a few months.

I'm looking to try out one of the western-style toon characters, preferably one that is compatible with the Genesis 2 Female base, as I have alot of plugins for Genesis 2 that I would like to use with this character. Of the ones i've seen available, the Eclypse for Genesis 2 Female(s) is looking to be the one i'm most interested in buying.

Does anyone happen to know what the compatibility with other Genesis 2 Female content is like for Eclypse? The Genesis 2 plugins i've already bought include the Genesis 2 Female(s) Morphs Bundle, Vault Rustler outfit / accessories and Doll Hair.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,943
    edited December 1969

Generally all G2F content should work with any G2F figure, though if the shape isn't supported with a custom morph clothing and hair fits may need a bit of attention (DForms or smoothing modifiers, for example). Textures will require the UV set they are made for, but most use one of the defaults anyway, and of course a shape for one of the characters will not look right without the character shape as a foundation (generally).

• EmerenEmeren Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the reply.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how Eclypse compares with the Genesis-based western-style toon characters, such as Jason/Jasmin for Genesis? Does one tend to be more suitable or flexible than the other?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited January 2015

Being a stylised morph, she might not look quite right with some of the more realistic morph options available but clothing wise there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. Most items fit to her perfectly thanks to the auto-follow, with very little distortion.

When it comes to Western style, Willow might be worth a look. She's made in a similar style to Eclypse, and by the same PA as well. She comes complete with her own cowgirl outfit which looks great on her.

I own both Willow and Eclypse, so if you'd like to see any particular examples just ask.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • EmerenEmeren Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Thank you HeraldOfFire. I've had a look at Willow on the store and she does look like another good one to try.

I'm curious about the facial feature adjustment options. Do Willow and Eclypse have any character-specific morph options available, or do they just use the same ones as the base Genesis 2 models, including plugins?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You can smooth out most excess detailing that the morphs may add by applying a Smoothing Modifier to the figure. You shouldn't need to set smoothing higher than 2 and of course don't set anything under collision.