H. materials won't apply.

Hello everyone. I have bumped into an issue I can't seem to fix; I am trying to apply a horn material that is included in the Azazel (TwiztedMetal) product, but no matter what I do, they don't apply to the horns. I don't get an error or anything, they simply don't load. The same goes for the tail materials (also H. material). The normal materials work fine. The only H. material I have no trouble using are the ones for the eyebrows, I am using those on an eyebrow attachment that came with the product which might be why. The product does not include it's own horns, so I am using the Torment 8.1 ones (as instructed on the product page) on my own 8.1 male character. So why won't the material load on the horns? No matter what I do or which character I use (tried it on Torment, a regular G8.1 male with torment horns, Azazel with horns, etc), they just won't load. What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Link to product: https://www.daz3d.com/azazel-for-genesis-81-male

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited July 2021

H. Materials can be tricky, because you have to make sure your figure hierachy matches the PA's. The horns and tail are parented directly to Azazel, correct? And you're applying the material to the Azazel figure in the scene tree, not the horns/tail themselves?

Post edited by margrave on
  • ZiconZicon Posts: 185

The Azazel horn materials have previously been reported broken. Can't recall if there was ever an update for them. Send in a support ticket.

• ZackimiZackimi Posts: 1

I see. I had no idea. I will do that, then. Thank you both for the help :)

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 119

I ran into this same problem with DE Xayna HD for Daisy 8  the hierarchical materials for the eye makeups do not apply. I just put in a bug report so hopefully, the issue will be fixed soon. Anyone else ran into this with this figure?