Bye

1235»

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Remember this one?  I vaguely recall trying it ... not so great like Carrara was and is.

"Canoma was a 3D-modelling application for Windows and Macintosh[1] which is now no longer supported by its company.  Released by MetaCreations Corp. in 1999, this application allowed users to create 3D models based on one or more photographs taken from various angles. This process is known as photogrammetry." 

• MetaCreations had great products. I just looked it up on Wikipedia. 

MetaCreations was founded in 1997 by the mergers of MetaTools, Fractal Design Corporation, Ray Dream, Specular (Infini-D), and Real Time Geometry Lab (RTG). John Wilczak and Mark Zimmer led the initial operations. Wilczak left the company in 1998. The software and GUI designer, highly valued creative head for his contributions to the public brand appearance, Kai Krause (MetaTools, Goo-Series, KPT, ...) left shortly afterwards in 1999.

Some of their products were: Ray Dream Studio, Infini-D (merged with Ray Dream to form Carrara), Bryce, Poser, Canoma, Painter, Kai's PhotoStudio...

My first 3D program was Swivel 3D by Paracomp. Paracomp was acquired by MacroMind which became Macromedia. Macromedia created Flash and was purchased by Adobe. The history of 3D software is very interesting!