DZ4 Configurator?

Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Is there any easy way to have DS4 start up in different content directory configurations? Through a batch file, command line switch or re-name of a configuration file?

I ask because I like to keep isolated directories for each of my projects.

In other words I have a directory set up like this:
DAZProjects \ AnimeBlast
DAZProjects \ DragonCastle
etc...

In each of these directories I have a \temp directory where I make DS put all of the temporary geometry files it creates. I also unzip each of the content installers to its own directory. That way when I am done with a project, I can just zip the whole thing up and know that I have all the parts I need to reopen it later.

But it gets to be a bit of a headache to rescan / reassign the directory paths. A big headache if I am working on multiple projects at once.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

You can use content sets for this... they wont' switch at startup, but it'd be a quick way to switch entire content/runtime pairings.

In the same window where you setup your directories, you can create a new Content Set. It'll have it's own mappings, etc. and you can easily switch back and forth between Sets. (Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager)

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Thanks! That works like a charm.

I figured it was in the software somewhere, but I just assumed "New Set" meant something entirely different. I didn't want to experiment and end up blowing out a project that I was in the middle of.