Smart content & Product listings

CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

I have noticed lately they have been moving some content from the product tab too the smart content tab which makes things annoying having to tab over to yet another area of daz3d when everything used to be located under the product in the product list or found in Mydaz3dlibrary under the category for each product. Is there any reason i must now find things like weapons in smart content only and poses & mats in products list only when everything should be listed in products. Poses, matrials, outfit or props, scene sets & props that make up the scenes was all located in one easy spot now you have split stuff up making it yet more time consuming finding where you put half the content. This is not smart nor does most of the smart content work correctly so it's not real smart. Can you just leave all content installed too the product list & just have whatever smart content linked to it in the smart content tab. Why drive me nuts searching for all my content when i shouldn't have too, your placing stuff in different file locations making people look for content that should all be listed in one location PRODUCTS!.

Post edited by Cenobite on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

cridgit said:

Can you post a screenshot to make sure I know what you by "products"?

There is a Products folder under Content Library and if that is what you're referring to, nothing "moves" out of there. It does contain you full list of products. All of the assets in products with the correct metadata will show up under Smart Content (but not all). The content folders themselves (the ones above Products) will show you literally all your content as they don't rely on metadata, however they are organized as on your hard drive and often less intuitive than Smart Content (when done correctly).

What you refer to here is correct products in the content library tab yes. You have Daz studio Formats, Poser formats, Other Import formats, Products & Categories. Products have all the purchased content from daz thats installed via the Install Manager or Daz Central.

Smart content has improved but still misses a lot of content, some of the most recent releases have been seperating poses and some props in smart content leaving them out of products where they normally show. Theres a list  of full content in Daz studio formats under Mydaz3dlibrary that has everything including manually installed non daz content, but that list is more confusing when looking for specific Daz3d products so in most cases i use the product list to hunt down stuff i have aquired in store.