Obj bodysuit not following morphs after transfer - solved

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

For personal use:

I am making a Geoshell partial bodysuit, steps. 

• I create a G8F geoshell, that I export to OBJ then re-import.
  • I then run the transfer utility from G8F to the OBJ (defaults), but under Morph Targets I add Shaping and Pose, and set Content Type at the bottom to Follower.
  • I end up with a Figure that I can move and morph.
  • I then Fit To G8F (which has morphs applied), and non of the morphs follow.  I see AutoFollow is not checked, and even if I check it...they still don't follow.

I must be missing a step here, but I can't figure it out?

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Why not just use the shell?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

OK, I so I did not add a step since I was thinking it was not needed.  I am not using it as a full suit, I only need/want the torso.

• I create a G8F geoshell, that I export to OBJ then re-import.
    • I then use Geom Editor to remove all geometry but the torso, for my specifc applicaiton.
    • I then run the transfer utility from G8F to the OBJ (defaults), but under Morph Targets I add Shaping and Pose, and set Content Type at the bottom to Follower.
    • I end up with a Figure that I can move and morph.
    • I then Fit To G8F (which has morphs applied), and non of the morphs follow.  I see AutoFollow is not checked, and even if I check it...they still don't follow.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,417

Are the morphs that are applied to G8F made by yourself or something you have bought and installed?

Some are Daz morphs, some are bought morphs, etc.  They all transferred over.  I can dial them in.  They just don't follow.  So like Aiko8 body at 50% = nothing on the figure from the OBJ, unless I manuallly dial the Aiko8 body to 50% on it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,417

Maybe the problem is that, as far as I can understand from your description, you haven't made an asset out of the imported OBJ yet.

Autofollow has to be checked on the parent morph for the fitted items to follow.

Why I asked about you making morphs yourself, was because when I have made morphs myself, fitted items have not followed before I have saved the morphs as morph asset with autofollow checked (+reopening DS and reloading the figure)

OK, I think I tried that, but I will try it again.  So I am going to try this, added #5 & #6:

1. I create a G8F geoshell, that I export to OBJ then re-import.
    2. I then use Geom Editor to remove all geometry but the torso, for my specifc applicaiton.
    3. I then run the transfer utility from G8F to the OBJ (defaults), but under Morph Targets I add Shaping and Pose, and set Content Type at the bottom to Follower.
    4. I end up with a Figure that I can move and morph.
    5. Save as Support Asset - Figure/Prop Asset with content type follower.
    6. Delete the object and reload from content lib
    7. I then Fit To G8F (which has morphs applied), and non of the morphs follow.  I see AutoFollow is not checked, and even if I check it...they still don't follow.

I will report back

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

If you are not exporting it to modify in a modelling program there is no need to be exporting and importing, just use the shell.

OK, I got this to work:

1. I create a G8F geoshell, that I export to OBJ then re-import.
    2. I then use Geom Editor to remove all geometry but the torso, for my specifc applicaiton.
    3. I then run the transfer utility from G8F to the OBJ (defaults), but under Morph Targets I add ALL, and set Content Type at the bottom to Follower-Wardrobe-Full Body.
    4. I end up with a Figure that I can move and morph.
    5. I then Fit To G8F (which has morphs applied), and the morphs follow.

#5 and 6 were optional, after the above  There are still a few morphs that don't follow, but they are freebies, so I figure if I check follow-and resave them as a morph asset they are just specific problems to those couple of morphs.

Thanks!

(why I am doing this...?  It's for a torso wrap that I can use as a collision object that does not have a modifier itself.  This means shirts and such don't wrap around the arms, when they get too close to the torso) 

jestmart said:

If you are not exporting it to modify in a modelling program there is no need to be exporting and importing, just use the shell.

Yep thanks! 

The shell loads with "selectable" in viewport off, which prevents the Geom Tool from selecting it, and I did not notice the tiny "x" versus the checkmark, so I assumed it had some restriction.  

So for everyone's benefit, instead of export/import, you can enable selectable and skip that.  Either way works, but the latter is faster!