Nearly Two Years in the Making...

Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
edited January 2015 in Art Studio

I wanted to produce a book trailer unlike those that follow the same old formula, so I tried to do it more in the style of a movie trailer. Done almost entirely (other than the addition of special effects) in DAZ Studio. Just over a minute long. Thanks for watching and please be kind. :-)

http://youtu.be/ALQS5xoYxhA?list=UUcu1sjd7JrBsLK4F_ggh3ig

Edit: Gah! Had to update the video and lost all my views and likes. %-P

Post edited by Melissa Conway on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,828
    edited December 1969

That is very good indeed.
    Maybe the trailer for the film they will want to make of your book too or TV miniseries!

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

That is very good indeed.
    Maybe the trailer for the film they will want to make of your book too or TV miniseries!

Thank you!

And I WISH. A film would be lovely. :cheese: ;-)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,337
    edited December 1969

I was curious and went look for it. Well done. Lots of characters. and each scene was well lit and the editting works. I'd like to know who the protagonist is? Perhaps a second video (using the same footage) could reveal a bit about the plot and story arc either through voice overs or some captions. Because we always want to latch on to someone in the story. Definitely intriguing.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 2014

I was curious and went look for it. Well done. Lots of characters. and each scene was well lit and the editting works. I'd like to know who the protagonist is? Perhaps a second video (using the same footage) could reveal a bit about the plot and story arc either through voice overs or some captions. Because we always want to latch on to someone in the story. Definitely intriguing.

Thanks FirstBastion. Yes, curiosity about the story is exactly what I wanted to instill in the viewers...but the point is to get them to go look for the book to find out more. A typical book trailer would tell you what the book is all about, but I wanted to do something more like a movie trailer: fast music, fast imagery, just a tease of what it's about. This is an experiment. As an indie author, we have limited marketing resources (I talk about the indie author life a lot on my blog Whimsilly), and I find thinking outside the box helps. Thanks so much for watching and for your feedback!

M.

EDIT: After reading your comments, FB, I realized I hadn't posted the book blurb to YouTube as I had intended. Now it's there and a link to the book on Amazon as well. Thanks again.

Post edited by Melissa Conway on