Posing bug

Hi,

I have a strange issue. When I use a character (G8 male for example), if I move the "knees up" (with the pose control) and then I move a foot with the translate tool, the legs make a jump to a max position.

I have the same issue if I use a pose I bought, and if I try to adjust/improve a hand position for example, the hand makes a jump when I drag it. So it's very very complicated to adjust it.

Do you have the same issue ?

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Whenever you translate a bone via the viewport in a "drag" motion it will also move the nearest bones along with it based upon the strength of your drag. If that is indeed what is occuring, I recommend you select the bone you want to move, then translate it via the parameters pane or our favorite little buddy you see in the picture below :)

translate ball of thunder.png
    146 x 149 - 4K
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Don't move limbs by dragging them. Daz does a horrible job of dealing with that.

Move things around by rotating the joints, the only one you should be translating is the hip joint. If you can get things 90% right through rotations, you can try dong the last 10% by clicking and dragging, though you may want to pin some bones in place (it's a right-click option) before doing so.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

chris-2599934 said:

Don't move limbs by dragging them. Daz does a horrible job of dealing with that.

Move things around by rotating the joints, the only one you should be translating is the hip joint. If you can get things 90% right through rotations, you can try dong the last 10% by clicking and dragging, though you may want to pin some bones in place (it's a right-click option) before doing so.

I can't fully agree with that. Sometimes, posing by translating in the viewport can be very useful, but it is a bit finicky.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

Depends on the situation, sometimes if you slowly drag a limb into position it works good, other times you need to use the rotation x,y,z gizmo or sliders in parameters tab, it all works good, it doesn't allow you to move the body in ways it naturally wouldn't unless you force the issue which it then sends the pose out of wack and the body will move according to what your doing in the pose. so you may need to rotate the thighs then the shins then the each foot to get what you need, i tend to use the activatepose tool and drag the pose in certain cases i just want small adjustments in the pose, say a hand isn't grabing a new gun you have parented to the hand and you just need to adjust it slightly into the hand pose, your either grabbing the gun and moving it into the hand or moving the hand onto the gun in the right location then adjust each finger if needed with the rotations on the gizmo or slider in the parameter tab. Parameters IS Your Best Friend! If you do drag things always drag them slowly and it's probably best not to do it in really heavy polygon scenes or it will probably stuff up the move in memory slow down.

• Thank you for all your advice.
    I noticed that adjusting the pose by using limb rotation works, but dragging is so faster....

Before asking on the forum, I opened a Support Ticket but DAZ Team haven't answered me yet.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,065
    To avoid problems like this is why many people have hundreds of ready made poses. You can get close to the pose very quickly, and then modify the last bit yourself having got a long way there. Renderosity freestuff is a good place to look. Members like bbarbs, Itazura and OneSix do a good range of reasonable poses, and I've uploaded a few too.
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

@chris-2599934

I've discovered that, if you add IK Chains to your figure's limbs and you pin the root of the chain (Chest Upper for the hands, Pelvis for the feet), dragging limbs in the viewport is much, much faster and more reliable. I presume it has something to do with a pinned chain needing to do less calculations, or something. It's seriously a gamechanger. I highly recommend giving it a shot.