Converting Poser outfits to G2F/M

Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm wondering if there is any easy way to convert outfits that are in poser format to G2F or G2M. I'm seeing this: http://www.daz3d.com/clothes-converter-2-0 and am wondering if this is something that might work, or is that too big of a transition?

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,763
    edited December 1969

stryder87 said:
    I'm wondering if there is any easy way to convert outfits that are in poser format to G2F or G2M. I'm seeing this: http://www.daz3d.com/clothes-converter-2-0 and am wondering if this is something that might work, or is that too big of a transition?

By Poser format, do you mean clothing designed for the SMith Micro characters like Jesse, Sydney, James, Simon, Miki? Or just outfits made with Poser textures?
  • ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

It depends on which models the outfits were made for I think. If DAZ Generation 4 models, http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female and http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male are your best bets. If DAZ Generation 3 there are other utilities that help you fit clothing to Genesis which you can save as .duf files as use on G2F and G2M. If you are talking about Poser base models, that actually came with Poser, I'm not certain there's anything, but I could be wrong, I never use the Poser base models.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 2014

stryder87 said:

You can use autofit and the transfer utility to convert Poser format outfits to triax weightmapping all you need is a clone for the figure it was originally meant for. If the outfit was originally made for the model you don't even need the clone just templates. I convert Poser format outfits for Dawn to triax all the time to use in DS.

To create a clone there are a few tutorials around Kattey's is in a thread here somewhere and there is another one over at Hivewire.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    stryder87 said:

You can use autofit and the transfer utility to convert Poser format outfits to triax weightmapping all you need is a clone for the figure it was originally meant for. If the outfit was originally made for the model you don't even need the clone just templates. I convert Poser format outfits for Dawn to triax all the time to use in DS.

To create a clone there are a few tutorials around Kattey's is in a thread here somewhere and there is another one over at Hivewire.

What is this transfer utility you speak of? :ohh:

The one outfit I'm specifically thinking of is this one: http://www.runtimedna.com/Oohlala.html.

When I install it in DAZ it only shows up under the Poser Format section. I've tried quite a few different characters with it. The only G2F that I could get it to generally work with (and I have a lot of them) was Kiyomi for Aiko6, and I still had to substitute the leggings and shoes, and discard the cuffs, glasses and earrings. I've tried it on generic G2F and it doesn't work so well. Tried it on Genesis and it works better, but the shoes never work (pointing up toes) and usually the cuffs won't work right. Auto-Fit won't do it. The beret will auto-fit, but the hair always comes through on the top. No morphs for any of that.

One of the zip files that came with the product was of templates in .bmp format for all 7 parts of the outfit.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 2014

The transfer utility is found on the right hands side and is similar to the symbol for males with an arrow pointing out of the side. Sickleyield has a tutorial which uses this and it will sometimes perform better than autofit.
    The one outfit I'm specifically thinking of is this one: http://www.runtimedna.com/Oohlala.html.

The belt and skirt may cause a few issues on that and may require some finessing in a 3d modelling program to tidy it up.

When I install it in DAZ it only shows up under the Poser Format section. I've tried quite a few different characters with it. The only G2F that I could get it to generally work with (and I have a lot of them) was Kiyomi for Aiko6, and I still had to substitute the leggings and shoes, and discard the cuffs, glasses and earrings. I've tried it on generic G2F and it doesn't work so well. Tried it on Genesis and it works better, but the shoes never work (pointing up toes) and usually the cuffs won't work right. Auto-Fit won't do it. The beret will auto-fit, but the hair always comes through on the top. No morphs for any of that.

Try parenting the beret and adding a smoothing modifier so that you can use collision but don't add any actually smoothing. Tick show hidden and change the smoothing type to generic instead of fit to shape and change the weight to .7 and see if that helps. Sorry I don't have time to do a step by step as I have to go and pick up my parents for dinner as they are coming over for Christmas Eve. If what I've written doesn't help I'll see if I can help further tomorrow if I have time but it may have to wait for boxing day.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

Do you have http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female ?

Not yet. It's on my WishList to grab when/if it goes on sale. I might just grab it at full price as it's not too expensive and I could use it for a few things.

Sorry I don’t have time to do a step by step as I have to go and pick up my parents for dinner as they are coming over for Christmas Eve. If what I’ve written doesn’t help I’ll see if I can help further tomorrow if I have time but it may have to wait for boxing day.

That's ok. No real rush. I appreciate the help!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 2014

Well, if you have a program like that, I suppose you can convert the Poser clothing to Gen 3, then Transfer Utility them over to G1, and then to the G2 figures. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Well, if you have a program like that, I suppose you can convert the Poser clothing to Gen 3, then Transfer Utility them over to G1, and then to the G2 figures. :)

"I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!" :P

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

stryder87 said:
    Pendraia said:
    stryder87 said:

One of the zip files that came with the product was of templates in .bmp format for all 7 parts of the outfit.

According to the product page, it's designed for V4, so it should autofit to Genesis ok, you would need the V4 for G2F product to fit it to G2F. Generation 4 shoes are often an issue on Genesis, less so on G2F/G2M. The page also says the outfit is DAZ Studio compatible, so I would imagine that the textures will work ok.

Putting a hat on over hair will often result in the hair poking through the hat. Use the polygon selection tool to select the hair you don't want to see, make that a new material zone, and turn opacity to zero for the new zone. The offending hairs will now disappear.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

According to the product page, it's designed for V4, so it should autofit to Genesis ok, you would need the V4 for G2F product to fit it to G2F. Generation 4 shoes are often an issue on Genesis, less so on G2F/G2M. The page also says the outfit is DAZ Studio compatible, so I would imagine that the textures will work ok.

Putting a hat on over hair will often result in the hair poking through the hat. Use the polygon selection tool to select the hair you don't want to see, make that a new material zone, and turn opacity to zero for the new zone. The offending hairs will now disappear.

I have the V4 to G2F morph, and it seems to be doing an ok job, but the shoes are still a bust. The hair through the hat thing... I'm looking all over but can't find the Polygon Selection tool you mention.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

stryder87 said:
    riftwitch said:

I have the V4 to G2F morph, and it seems to be doing an ok job, but the shoes are still a bust. The hair through the hat thing... I'm looking all over but can't find the Polygon Selection tool you mention.

I can help with the shoes!

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/A-Reminder-on-Autofitting-Shoes-to-Genesis-2-412985230

edited December 1969

I'll give that a shot! It's weird though... there are some high heel shoes made for G2F that just will not work with some G2F figures I have (Lany Shoes).

Here's a pic of the shoes I'm trying to fit. Changing the pose of the feet does nothing.

Shoes.jpg
    669 x 591 - 61K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

stryder87 said:

I'll give that a shot! It's weird though... there are some high heel shoes made for G2F that just will not work with some G2F figures I have (Lany Shoes).

Here's a pic of the shoes I'm trying to fit. Changing the pose of the feet does nothing.

Please post a screenshot with the toes bent upward about 45 degrees to show the problem.