Forums are not working most of the time today

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I get 502 and 504 errors over and over in the fourms today.

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Snap. I was just about to report the same thing.

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Seen the cloudflare page a lot today.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited June 2021

...same here.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

It is hard to report forum errors when the forum doesn't work. You have to try over and over until you get lucky.

barbult said:

It is hard to report forum errors when the forum doesn't work. You have to try over and over until you get lucky.

Well, my first attempt to reply to that was greeted with another Cloudflare screen so your point is proved. Maybe time to find a new host?

..its also leaving me with uposted drafts I have to go and delete even though I already posted the comments.

barbult said:

Well, my first attempt to reply to that was greeted with another Cloudflare screen so your point is proved. Maybe time to find a new host?

• Yeah, the 502 and 504 errors have been driving me bonkers, too.  0o

...I just got another 502 gateway error a few minutes ago. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I typically get them if I browse before 10 AM EST in the forums or DAZ Store. 

• IamPerttiAIamPerttiA Posts: 25

Some of us have been locked out completely... 

I guess it's the way things are handled nowadays... Someone should understand that you don't drive a car with a licence and having said licence is no proof that one actually knows how to drive a car in traffic, especially when you are not a car enthusiast but have aquired the licence because at the time it was considered a good career move...

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Haven't seen any cloudflare pages yet today

I'm still getting 502 and 504 errors.

• I'm still seeing them a lot and have seen people complain about them elsewhere recently. Additionally, I have heard more people say they are now completely locked out.
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,099

I'm still getting errors, too.

I submitted a help request, since the problem hasn't been acknowledged by Daz employees or forum moderators. They may be having equal difficulty with posting.

Request #380749

Daz Forums 502 errors and 504 errors for 2 days

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

I'm not getting errors, but the forums have been extremely slow these past few days.

This is typical of what I get:

502 error.png
    1442 x 745 - 61K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,124

Exactly the same all couple of minutes. Except Miami is Zurich (Switzerland). So it's not CloudFlare.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Happening to me too today, both on my computer using Waterfox and my S7+ tablet using Duckduckgo browser

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

It's unusual for me not to get those errors for quite a while now.

edited June 2021

...sounds like a server overhaul is in order. 

ETA: oh and just happened again a few minutes ago.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    I got a couple today, but none yesterday or recently otherwise. Also my couple today might have more to do with being on phone data because a tree knocked my internet out again.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited June 2021

I was getting a bunch of these sort of errors a week or two ago...

I was going to mention it back then, but nobody else seemed to be having the problem, so I figured why bother... I've been seeing it less lately, but also I've not been coming here as frequently this week.

I figure the main server gerbil was getting ready to croak, but maybe he's passed on already.

I guess these are the perils of rodent based technology.

Post edited by McGyver on

The forum is working better today.

McGyver said:

I was getting a bunch of these sort of errors a week or two ago...

I was going to mention it back then, but nobody else seemed to be having the problem, so I figured why bother... I've been seeing it less lately, but also I've not been coming here as frequently this week.

I figure the main server gerbil was getting ready to croak, but maybe he's passed on already.

I guess these are the perils of rodent based technology.

...well there has been an unprecedented heat wave going on here in the west. Salt Lake City set a new record high of 107° a week ago.

Meanwhile that heat is creeping up into Oregon now with 112° now expected on Sunday (that is 5° higher than the all time record high temperature ever recorded here).  Some weather services are predicting 114°, that's southern Arizona weather.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2021

barbult said:

The forum is working better today.

Or as Victor Borge might say in his Inflationary Language:  "The fiveum is working better threeday".  Isn't that twoderful?indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    The repeated 502 errors are back again.
    edited July 2021

..and again both on the server end and Clodflare. Got several Clodflare 502s a bit earlier this afternoon and just now, a 504 error from the server.

ETA, Just happened again (server 504 error) around 23:00.  Thye really need to look at their servers. this has been going on for something like 10 days now.