Black turns to red in iray

So when i render in iray if a texture ive edited has black on it it turns red and i dont know how to fix it

Black becomes red.png
533 x 426 - 329K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,120

Might be a translucency issue. Try turning translucency down/off and see if that fixes it. You can also plug your diffuse map into the transparency slot, which you'll probably need to do if that ends up being the cause.

• Strobe_LightStrobe_Light Posts: 264

Gordig said:

Might be a translucency issue. Try turning translucency down/off and see if that fixes it. You can also plug your diffuse map into the transparency slot, which you'll probably need to do if that ends up being the cause.

How do i do that? 

edited June 2021

Turn A down to 0. If that solves the problem of black turning to red, plug your modified base color map into slot B and reset translucency weight to where it was before.

transgression.PNG
    521 x 452 - 50K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,646

Select the cgaracter in the scene tab. Open the Surface tab and expand the character till you find Lips and click that. Then you have all the lips parameters to the right.

Oh, right, you want Lips selected, not Face like in my screenshot.

• Strobe_LightStrobe_Light Posts: 264

I ended up doing it for both the face and lips because she has eyeliner on too and it worked!

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

The joys of knowing the right places to look & learning what function does what. Not everything is under one tab so it's always good to ask for help even if your having a small issue, you can't live like that tormenting yourself not knowing how to fix an error when it's something as simple as this fix here.