Switch/Script

Is it possible to make a off/on switch that embeds itself into a save file? When the save is reloaded it will only look for content / morphs used and skip everything else. If deciding to alter the save you can save it with the option off then reload it. Or possibly have a booting script you run before opening a file then tell it to open a save with only the saved content? There has to be a way for some smart person to figure out an easy way to not load/scan every item in a daz folder.

Comments

• As far as I know, and assuming I am following your suggestion, the script would run too late in the process to handle what you want. There are already a number of threads on  load tim,es for morph-heavy figures.

• FPFP Posts: 107

As far as I know, and assuming I am following your suggestion, the script would run too late in the process to handle what you want. There are already a number of threads on  load tim,es for morph-heavy figures.

What if the script opens a window. You drag the scene and drop it into the window. This might allow it to read before loading? Just guessing since I know nothing of programming
  • The thing is, DS handles the loading as a single operation - to do what you want would require a complete parsing of the files and building of the data objects, which would be extremely slow (and error prone).