Mirror a pose

arnonarnon Posts: 88

Is there a simple way or a product for mirroring a pose? Currently I lookup the values for the bones in "Parameters" and transfer / exchange left and right, some with a negative. I think I remember some product that can do this with a single click, more or less.

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148
    edited June 2021

There may be products in store to do this, but you can do it yourself in 5 or so clicks. With your figure selected, go to the Parameters tab, click the "hamburger" symbol at the top and select "Symmetry". In the box that pops up, set node to Root, mode to Recursive, swap left and right, mirror across Y axis (I think that's everything? I'm doing this from memory) and click to do it.

ETA: Note this won't move any props over, so for example if your character is holding a sword in a right-hand grasp with the left hand splayed then you'll end up with the sword on the palm of a splayed right hand and nothing in your grasping left hand.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • arnonarnon Posts: 88

Thank you! Works and looks good. And best of all, I understood the procedure :). Have a nice evening!

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

There's some additional ideas here.

• arnonarnon Posts: 88

Thanks for the links. I discovered Pose Randomizer Pro was the tool I stumbled upon a while ago and forgot.