Karate Girl in the Dragon Warrior

IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
edited December 2014 in Art Studio

Join Us in this 5 minute animation short as we watch Suki the Karate Girl defeat the Imperial Guard to find the magical cup of tears located deep in the Kamoto Temple, where a curse of the fire dragon was placed on its greatest warrior to roam the halls of the temple for all time,
Watch as Suki the Karate girl fights the great dragon in a exciting 1 1/2 minute magical battle, Can Karate Girl win and release the warrior form his 300 year curse?
You'll have to watch to see.

Created and rendered in Daz Studio 4.7 my Karate girl character s a G2F figure

*Special note- Thank you daz guys for all the bug fixes in the new daz 4.7 version, it made creating and rendering this animation a breeze. Thank you for fixing the bad artifacts i use to get in animation with certain types of lighting, in which were no problem this time,.
I also thank you for improving the g2f figure for animation ,. the pose controls are very handy and work very will. , so a real special thanks to you guys for all the fixes its was much appreciated. This film took 5 weeks from start to finish credits at the end of the animation.

Enjoy the film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLLiTGmTen0

promo1a.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 228K
promo2a.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 269K
Post edited by Ivy on

Comments

• a-sennova-sennov Posts: 331
    edited December 1969

There are things that never change... and that's cool :)

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Yes ! A new Karate Girl episode. :-)
    I love watching these shorts, and this one sooo made me wish i could play "Karate Girl - The Game".

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited December 2014

Thanks Black Feather, I have researched into making a video game out on my Karate girl adventure series.. I even have a really great gaming engine called cry-engien3 to make it with.. the issue is with the(3d products) it would require to make this into this a game worth playing. I would be looking at over $200,000 just in licensing fees to use those products in a game it would require a indie game license from about 40 different 3d venders from the different stores I use.
    I would need to also purchase license for my music files to use them in a game for resale. and so on and so on.
    The gaming engine license is $60,00 right up front to use it to make a game for resale, its free to use as long as the game you create only resides on your PC and is not for resale or use it to make videos with.
    The next thing is I would definitely need some help to accomplish making this a game, I would need some people who would have much better skills than I in game making, that would be more $$$
    Then I would need a to find a company that could mass produce the game like JPS in Pennsylvania and that would cost around $100 grand just for production of the games so it be ready for xbox.
    I tried to find some partners or sponsor. But unless you have produced successful games in the past, its very difficult to get someone to work with you. though I have thought about doing a crowd funding event to see if I could raise the money that way. But I doubt even then I could raise enough that i would need to make this into a real game. So means while I keep making Karate girl videos in hopes someday someone will be interesting in help me fund this into a game. I can see why now why videos games cost so much :)

Thanks for watching and the comment.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,870
    edited December 1969

Ivy what about 2D sprite games or vector graphics?
    I do not have the brain for coding scripts etc but sidescrolling 2D games suit the karate style platform quite well, think streets of rage Sega megadrive style but much improved in detail.
    While not up there with 3D these games are popular as flash animations embedded on websites or social media and often on Android devices etc.
    Some almost look 3D as sprites can use several angles of render along the course of animation.

edited December 2014

Ivy what about 2D sprite games or vector graphics?
    I do not have the brain for coding scripts etc but sidescrolling 2D games suit the karate style platform quite well, think streets of rage Sega megadrive style but much improved in detail.
    While not up there with 3D these games are popular as flash animations embedded on websites or social media and often on Android devices etc.
    Some almost look 3D as sprites can use several angles of render along the course of animation.

That is a great Idea Wendy.. I don;t know why i didn;t think of something like that
    Though those type games require a web site or server to host the 100's of graphic render files required for the FLA file in order to code them
    and even though i have a a large web hosting for my web site I'm not sure if i want to use my band width in that way.

I am pretty good with flash action-scripts codes and interactive FLA files, so maybe i'll play around with it and see if i can makes something like that won't use a lot of band width , it maybe a good way to sell my Karate girl idea so i could make it a real game later on.

Thanks Wendy :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Game sites like kongregate or armorgames will host the game for you. You can even apply for sponsorship in return for branding rights (usually a preloader of their site, i believe).

edited December 1969

Game sites like kongregate or armorgames will host the game for you. You can even apply for sponsorship in return for branding rights (usually a preloader of their site, i believe).

Thank you Black feather i'll have to looking to those gaming sites :)