Is there a quick way to install ALL my content with Daz central/ studio?

I've got a big new fast PC, so naturally I want to install the new latest Daz studio and manager.

Over the years I have bought many, many assets - is there a way to download and install the whole lot in one go overnight? (I'm pretty confident I could do this with the old tool, but I cannot see it in Daz central)

Or do I have to work down the list clicking each one iin turn.

Thank you!

Nick

Comments

• Daz Install manager is still available adn can do it. In Daz Connect you could select everything in the Install pane and launch the instalaltion.

• Will Daz Central still work with all the items if a different bit of softwsare ionstalled them though?

Thank You,

Nick

• Former DAZ CustomerFormer DAZ Customer Posts: 167
    edited June 2021

Note that while you can do a "Select All" then "Install" with Connect; a significant number of products are fatally broken (corrupt texture files) when installed via Connect.  I have over 300 broken packages so far and am less than halfway through my assessment.  There's an active thread about it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/408751/dazconnect-corrupted-downloads/

DAZ owes us an explaination as to why this massive failure on their part has not been fixed in over a year, as well as a remediation plan.

Post edited by Former DAZ Customer on
  • Gordon Runkle said:

Note that while you can do a "Select All" then "Install" with Connect; a significant number of products are fatally broken (corrupt texture files) when installed via Connect.  I have over 300 broken packages so far and am less than halfway through my assessment.  There's an active thread about it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/408751/dazconnect-corrupted-downloads/

DAZ owes us an explaination as to why this massive failure on their part has not been fixed in over a year, as well as a remediation plan.

Ouch! Nasty, and biggest pain for the biggest customers, which is not good business...

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

There are some products Connect simply cannot install even when it is working right so +1000 to what Gordon Runkle wrote.  DIM is still the best install method.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

Starbase 1 - Nick said:

Will Daz Central still work with all the items if a different bit of softwsare ionstalled them though?

Thank You,

Nick

AFAIK DAZ Central and DIM share the same data and file structures.  But DAZ Central has a bad reputation for messing things up (may have been fixed now, I don't know), so I'd recommend DIM which has a much better reputation.

• OK, that was a catastrophe. It felt as bad as dealling with Poser 5.0 for content.

Despite my attempts to aim it at my D:\ drive, (I don't want to fill up my SSD with my library), 99% of it went to the C: drive.
    Daz studio did not find the content.
    Install manager thought it was downloaded and installed.
    And when I tried to uninstall for another go, Daz Studio did not show up on the list of installed programs, so I ended up deleting the folder manually.

Is there a simple way of getting everything installed correctly to a drive other than my C: drive?

This sort of mess is unacceptable in this day and age.

Nick

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899

Starbase 1 - Nick said:

OK, that was a catastrophe. It felt as bad as dealling with Poser 5.0 for content.

Despite my attempts to aim it at my D:\ drive, (I don't want to fill up my SSD with my library), 99% of it went to the C: drive.
    Daz studio did not find the content.
    Install manager thought it was downloaded and installed.
    And when I tried to uninstall for another go, Daz Studio did not show up on the list of installed programs, so I ended up deleting the folder manually.

Is there a simple way of getting everything installed correctly to a drive other than my C: drive?

This sort of mess is unacceptable in this day and age.

Nick

Use DIM.

In DIM you can specify where you want to save the downloads and where you want to install it. You'll need to specify the content path in DAZ Studio (if not installed in the default location).

• Even Daz Central allows you to set a base path, which can be on any drive you like.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,100
    edited June 2021

well acually my download path got magically changed... and I now  have 37gs of stuff on my C drive instead of the K drive. 
    --- 
    the dsx files should still point to the install drive? 
    --
    so I can clear then off the C drive

and I bet they'll all appear in the download list again?

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • Please post screen shots of your path settings in DS and the installer(s) you are using.

Yes, the manifests folder .dsx files store absolute paths so that the installer can find the files for uninstalling.

• Uninstalling everything, (by brute force deletion where necessary), then reinstalling the whole lot via DIM worked for me,

Thanks to all those who chipped in wioth advice!

Nick

• Richard I found them exactly where DIM said they were in the install folder of the DIM folder but that change was not made by me .. prior to may 30 all downloads went to K drive a 3tb drive large enough to handle the 2tb of download packages. I never have a C drive bigger than a TB. 
    ----
    Now after moveing the 39g of mislaid intallers into there home with the others ... DIM has 500 items in the download section instead of 200. 
    Hopefully another opening of DIM with it's soul searching will figure things out

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited June 2021

You can use this app to modify the path in the manifest files, if you change the library path.  NOTE: don't use it if you install to multiple libraries as all the dsx files will end up with the same path!

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/clpdsx-daz/updates/cpldsx-1.000.zip

Just browse to the folder with the manifest files, enter the new library path, and click the Replace button.

change_manifest_files_path.png
    1024 x 768 - 93K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • remarkably enough DIM did recover once I dragged everything into my regular download folder and changed the destimation for the downloads to the right location. 
    ---
    So kudos to DIM for making it relatively easy to fix the download location it reset. 
    But then if I hadn't been having download fail issues (probably due to the net itself) I wouldn't have discovered DIM was putting stuff on the C drive. 
    ---
    and all of my installers are to custom folders...  as far as I can tell Dim puts the dsx files in the same folder with the downloads...  which probably explains there being 23,413 items in it