Roll back to 4.12

Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115
edited June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

Scenes I created in 4.12 will no longer render using my nVidia GTX-1070. It's running out of VRAM and it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to using the 8GB on the card.

Is there a way to roll-back to 4.12 so I can use my scene files again?

Post edited by Reality1 on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

If you have a backup of 4.12 install files you can reinstall it.

If you don't, I'm affraid they're not available for download anymore. You can try contacting support to ask if they still have them and would provide them to you, but there's no guarantee they will.

• Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115

Leana said:

If you don't, I'm affraid they're not available for download anymore. You can try contacting support to ask if they still have them and would provide them to you, but there's no guarantee they will.

I installed with the Daz Install Manager.

Does DIM automatically delete the previously downloaded Studio Installers when an upgrade is installed?

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Reality1 said:

Leana said:

Does DIM automatically delete the previously downloaded Studio Installers when an upgrade is installed?

Yes it does.  Also some plugins get updated as well with an update to the program itself.  Like Decimator or Measure Metrics.  Good practice is to make a copy of the updated zip and also the dsx file in case you want to revert to the previous version

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited June 2021

Reality1 said:

Leana said:

Actually it's worth checking your DIM downloads folder. I use the Beta's rather than the public build and I know that the files are named slightly differently for each "major" release - DIM only seems to replace if the name is exactly the same. So try looking for IM00013176-02_DAZStudio412Win64bit,zip or similar, it may still be there if you are lucky.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

Reality1 said:

Leana said:

Actually it's worth checking your DIM downloads folder. I use the Beta's rather than the public build and I know that the files are named slightly differently for each "major" release - DIM only seems to replace if the name is exactly the same. So try looking for IM00013176-02_DAZStudio412Win64bit,zip or similar, it may still be there if you are lucky.

I assume you mean Betas rather than General reelase - the Public build is the beta.

DIM looks only at the part of the filename up to the first underscore for spotting a match, the rest is just for human readability.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

Richard Haseltine said:

MelanieL said:

Reality1 said:

Leana said:

I assume you mean Betas rather than General reelase - the Public build is the beta.

DIM looks only at the part of the filename up to the first underscore for spotting a match, the rest is just for human readability.

Yes, sorry, I did mean the General Release when I typed "public build"! 

Interesting about the first underscore - I definitely have seen more than one version in my downloads library, maybe just a glitch one day. (I clean it out to an external HDD every so often, so I don't remember how long ago that was.)