Questions about Poser content in DAZ

So, I've been wanting to organize the poser items laying inside Runtime (DAZ content library) for quite some time to something that makes more sense. I don't get the logic behind the different folders of "Figures", "Geometries", "Props", "Libraries", "PZ3, "PZ3 Scene," "PZZ", etc. So I want to move things and organize them in folders that would make more sense. The thing is... what should I leave alone to not break the products?

With DAZ Studio content, you never want to move Runtime and Data, but everything else you can move around. But what about these folders?

Runtime.JPG
826 x 798 - 88K

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

If you don't get the logic don't mess with it if you want to still use it.

• Almost nothing in that screen shot is movable, they will probably be morph data that is called by an injection pose. PZ3 scene files can be moved into one of the Poser library folders, and readmes/documentation are just that, but I would not tamper with the non user-facing files.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000

Richard Haseltine said:

Almost nothing in that screen shot is movable, they will probably be morph data that is called by an injection pose. PZ3 scene files can be moved into one of the Poser library folders, and readmes/documentation are just that, but I would not tamper with the non user-facing files.

Ah, I was afraid that was the case. I think I'll need to categorize it instead, then.

jestmart said:

My problem is that I don't use it because I simply do not have the time to wade through the amount of content I have there. But yeah, I also don't want to break things. Like I mentioned to Richard, I'll have a go at categorizing that portion instead.

• FenixPhoenix said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Almost nothing in that screen shot is movable, they will probably be morph data that is called by an injection pose. PZ3 scene files can be moved into one of the Poser library folders, and readmes/documentation are just that, but I would not tamper with the non user-facing files.

Ah, I was afraid that was the case. I think I'll need to categorize it instead, then.

Those files/folders should not show in the content panes at all. If you see them then there is an issue with the instalaltion.

jestmart said:

My problem is that I don't use it because I simply do not have the time to wade through the amount of content I have there. But yeah, I also don't want to break things. Like I mentioned to Richard, I'll have a go at categorizing that portion instead.

• sadrielxvsadrielxv Posts: 0

It's a bit messy, but it can be organized. I'm using a single directory under libraries - Character (needs to be something daz will recognize, like character or props or something). Then I sorted everything under that, following the lines of my main library.

Content under directories like pose, props, lights and so on can be orgnaized any way you want  But there are some directories that need to stay under libraries, usually for characters. They're normally morphs or marked with ! like !DAZ or !PAname, but not always. To figure out easily which they are, you can check in a test runtime if they show up in daz or not.

I hope it makes sense.

Looking at your image, I'm not sure how well they're installed. I only have 3 dirs under runtime > Geometries, Libraries & Textures.