Heterogeneous volumes using luxus or Reality 4

rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Luxrender is capable of rendering homogeneous as well as heterogeneous volumes. To my knowledge, neither luxus nor Reality have incorporated the use of heterogeneous volumes - a parameter useful to create smoke, clouds etc. as opposed to homogenous volumes that's useful for fog, SSS and liquids. I assume that if I wish to create 'wispy' fog I would also need heterogeneous volumes. Anyone figured out how to use heterogenous volumes in either luxus or Reality ?

Since luxus has a built in editor, I assume it will be easier in luxus than Reality but my preference in the long run would be to get it working in Reality; but I'll be happy for now to get it working in either software. There is very little information on the luxrender wiki on how to use heterogeneous volumes.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Currently Reality doesn't support heterogeneous volumes, and the only way to use them in Luxus is to input them manually. Be careful not to set the step size too small though as it'll take FOREVER to render. I learned that one the hard way... though it did look nicely cloudy.

• rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the response HeraldofFire. Would it be possible for you to provide an example script for luxus ?

I assume one generates a cube with null material and then how does one contain an in homogenous volume in that ?

Thanks in advance

Raj