Is there a way to show others what you have in your DAZ Library?

Quick backstory: When I am working on commissions, often, I'm tasked to try to replicate the look of someone's original character. Other times, I'm given a vague idea of what the commissioner wants. After one rather excruciating back and forth with my client, it got me thinking about this. Yesterday, I started rendering snapshots of outfits and color variations. After a few hours, I had queued up 140 renders, which encompassed DAZ purchased Genesis 8 female content... that starts with the letter A. This is going to end up being an enormous task. Am I making my life more difficult? Can I somehow show or link my library to others so they can look through it and pick outfits, hair, models, etc?

Comments

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

I suppose you could provide links to your purchsed Daz items. How you would go about that without taking forever I have no idea.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

DIM can export a CSV

another option but I don't think DAZ would allow it would be for them to browse through your DIM Thumbnails which by default save (if you download thumbnails) to your public documents

• JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199

mistressphoenix74 said:

Quick backstory: When I am working on commissions, often, I'm tasked to try to replicate the look of someone's original character. Other times, I'm given a vague idea of what the commissioner wants. After one rather excruciating back and forth with my client, it got me thinking about this. Yesterday, I started rendering snapshots of outfits and color variations. After a few hours, I had queued up 140 renders, which encompassed DAZ purchased Genesis 8 female content... that starts with the letter A. This is going to end up being an enormous task. Am I making my life more difficult? Can I somehow show or link my library to others so they can look through it and pick outfits, hair, models, etc?

I understand your frustration. I'd love to be able to create a contact sheet of thumbnails (they don't even need names, just a visual of the asset) so that my clients have a better idea of the options they've got. It would save a huge amount of "back and forth"

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

I noticed DIM is able to download large product thumbnails.  Locate those as a starting point and replace images to clarify the product as needed.  Unfortunately I was unable to identify where those thumbnails are stored.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Lindsey said:

I noticed DIM is able to download large product thumbnails.  Locate those as a starting point and replace images to clarify the product as needed.  Unfortunately I was unable to identify where those thumbnails are stored.

Go to DIM - Settings cog - Advanced Settings - Downloads tab and that shows you where they are set to go to. (Sorry I don't remember where the default location is because all my locations are customised.)