Hexagon Crashes with G2M from Studio on Mac 10.10

MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I'm trying to create a morph for the Genesis 2 Male model. I can successfully get the model over using the Hexagon bridge, but when I try to save the file before I work on it, the program crashes... hard. No recovery. No file gets saved.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) 2.3 GHz i7 with 16gb of ram. It has the GeForce 650M and plenty of space on the drive.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    I'm trying to create a morph for the Genesis 2 Male model. I can successfully get the model over using the Hexagon bridge, but when I try to save the file before I work on it, the program crashes... hard. No recovery. No file gets saved.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) 2.3 GHz i7 with 16gb of ram. It has the GeForce 650M and plenty of space on the drive.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm using Windows ... I know Hexagon has a limited memory and so when working on morphs, first ditch 'all' of the images on the figure before sending it over the bridge to Hexagon from D/S.

Oh yes ... after you have sent anything over the bridge back to D/S, in Hexagon, "validate", [actually hit that validate button, not 'enter']. That "closes" the send command and enables the program to work again.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I don't get a crash on Windows when doing the same, but it is definitely laggy and slow to save with the materials on. Get rid of the mats and it works fine, so it is the high resolution mats which cause the problem.

Don't know whether this is applicable to Mac, or even possible - I have made Hex LAA and that does help somewhat:)