Skin issue

BoomerzBoomerz Posts: 8

Okay, somehow my textures sometimes end up like this and I can't do anything about it? This happens when I load a new texture, it's like it's not covering the whoile UV and keeping the old texture on some parts of the UV.

Anyone got a solution or know what the issue is? Btw I'm new to Daz.

62392a2c0ad215121cd9f38083c254e8.jpg
828 x 828 - 377K
Post edited by Boomerz on

Comments

• Please put some clothes, such as a swimsuit, on the figure or zoom in to show the effect around the waist and lower abdomen.

Does this survive a save and restart? My first thought would be memory corruption, which a restart should fix.

• BoomerzBoomerz Posts: 8

Richard Haseltine said:

Please put some clothes, such as a swimsuit, on the figure or zoom in to show the effect around the waist and lower abdomen.

Does this survive a save and restart? My first thought would be memory corruption, which a restart should fix.

it does survive restart....I've restarted so many times. Not sure what to do anymore.

when I go into Filament mode the problem disappears but it's back when I render/iray mode

5d0df3626506422c9b436daf8d5d45c5.jpg
    1100 x 851 - 463K
  • Sorry, I've not seen that. It seems too neat to be a factor, but is there a Geoemtry shell on the figure? It would show up as a parented prop in the Scene pane.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Boomerz said:

Okay, somehow my textures sometimes end up like this and I can't do anything about it? This happens when I load a new texture, it's like it's not covering the whoile UV and keeping the old texture on some parts of the UV.

Anyone got a solution or know what the issue is? Btw I'm new to Daz.

When you go to surfaces, select Torso and look at UV Set, what does it say.

• Its also helpful to know which generation you're using. I would guess 8.1, but what textures are you trying to apply? Have you tried looking at the surface settings & compare them?

it's Stephanie 8 and the UV is set to base female. I just put PBR shader on it and it ended up that way. The only shell on it is NG8V.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

Boomerz said:

it's Stephanie 8 and the UV is set to base female. I just put PBR shader on it and it ended up that way. The only shell on it is NG8V.

That is the reason why.

If you remove NGV8 and the shells with it, how does the skin look like? 

PerttiA said:

Boomerz said:

That is the reason why.

If you remove NGV8 and the shells with it, how does the skin look like? 

So I removed it and just changed the settings on the translucency on the torso and the problem is still there. No change.

When you added NGV8 on the figure the first time, did you use the expansion pack? that one does weird things with the UV Mapping of the whole character.

PerttiA said:

When you added NGV8 on the figure the first time, did you use the expansion pack? that one does weird things with the UV Mapping of the whole character.

You might have found the reason to why it's bugged. Just sucks that I need to redo the whole character again.

"Edit->Save As->Shape Preset" and you can get the shape back to another base figure the easy way.