Reality 4 not "seeing" models in render.

Ravioli777Ravioli777 Posts: 9

Just got Reality 4 and trying to render a scene with V6 in a room. The room renders fine but there is no V6.
Any ideas?

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Just got Reality 4 and trying to render a scene with V6 in a room. The room renders fine but there is no V6.
    Any ideas?

if you click on any of the V6 limbs does it show anything as "Hidden" in the surface editor window or "invisible in scene" in the details tab below the window?
    Post a screen shot.

• ttnnttnn Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Just got Reality 4 and trying to render a scene with V6 in a room.
    The room renders fine but there is no V6.
    Any ideas?
    Did you just get an e-mail from Pret-a-3D, announcing Reality 4.0.4.18?

It’s a bugfix that may resolve the problem you’re having.

• edited December 1969

Yes' I got the e-mail also and I downloaded the update to my computer; however, the update came in a zip file and I could not unzip it.
    I tried every zip program I knew ( Winzip, Wrar... Nothing worked. So does anyone know how to unzip the new REality 4 update fix?

Clay

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

I would redownload winzip should be able to handle it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes' I got the e-mail also and I downloaded the update to my computer; however, the update came in a zip file and I could not unzip it.
    I tried every zip program I knew ( Winzip, Wrar... Nothing worked. So does anyone know how to unzip the new REality 4 update fix?

Clay

I used WinRAR, and it opened with no problems. It looks like you have a corrupted download.

What size is your ZIP file? Mine is 113 MB (119,185,226 bytes).

You may need to clear your cache, and download again.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Depends how it was zipped and if you are on a Windows OS machine you should be able to open the zipped file just like a normal folder and copy and paste. It isn't often I find a zipped file that this cannot be done with. But if it is corrupt then that wont solve the problem.

• ttnnttnn Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

...I tried every zip program I knew...

Including Zipeg http://www.zipeg.com ?

Works on Mac and PC.

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem and searched out a solution on the forums which was to close Reality, go into the DAZ Studio scene tab, shift select all of the content and delete it from the scene, then go into the edit tab and "undo delete". For some reason, when you then go to render in Reality it sees all the content. Worked for me, hope it does for you.

• edited December 1969

I finally got Reality 4 to work in my DAZ Studio 4.7, it's really a wonderful program; however, the only setback is the rendering time it takes forever and ever and ever. And if you do not give your image enough light in Reality it will always look very grainy (with a lot of little white specks all over your work). Other than that Reality 4 is wonderful. One of the best for DAZ Studio Everyone should try it.
    When you tell Reality 4 to Render your 3D image from DAZ , just go away and see a movie or go shopping and then come back to see the final results.

If anyone is thinking of buying Reality 4 for Studio or Poser. Then you should first look into buying a good video graphic card
    Like NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 980 4GB, trust me you will need the power. Without a good graphic card you're just wasting you time. Your computer will crash! and at times shut down due to your CPU trying to work overtime for rendering. A good graphics card will cost you about $400 but it's worth it in the long run.

• jrlaudiojrlaudio Posts: 47
    edited January 2015

Hi Softimage,

First, Reality 4 is still an infant program and has a lot of bugs at this time. Reality 2.5 is a mature product and works fine, but is limited' Like no SSS in the DAZ version, for instance. Reality 4 will need some time to mature and have the kinks banged out. I use both Reality 4 and 2.5, depending on what I need to do.

Softimage... you gave lot of information in your last post, unfortunately most of it is unqualified.

First off, LuxRender, which is the render engine used by the exporter Reality, is a physically accurate unbiased render engine. For one thing this means it calculates light as if it is real light particles in real space. The calculations for this are very complex, unlike those in biased render engines like 3Delight. Objects actually reflect, refract and scatter light in LuxRender and light bounces around as it does in real life. So yes ... render times are significantly slower. Especially if you are using lighting setups like you would use in 3Delight. Less lights are more in these types of render engines like LuxRender.

The "grain" you talk about is because you have not let the render get anywhere near being done or because you are using GPU acceleration. You need to render to at least 300s/p CPU only before the image even begins to look "grainless". Also there are adjustments for the "camera" in LuxRender which should be adjusted to get the right amount of light in the render.

The advice of getting a good graphics card BTW is not good advice, at least for rendering in LuxRender. If you are looking for speed then do not use Reality. It is about image quality, not speed. Using a graphics card for acceleration in rendering does work (sometimes) in LuxRender, but at a sever compromise to image quality in the final render. GPU's are not able to do the complex math (algorithms) used in LuxRender and make many computational errors. These algorithms require CPU level processing for the calculations to be performed error-free. Using GPU results in excess pixel noise in the final render. And LuxRender does not recommend the use of GPU acceleration if a high quality image is desired. This is also BTW why GPU based rendering like Octane also have something lacking in terms of image quality. If you want speed, or are impatient then you are using the wrong software with Reality/LuxRender. However if you want hi-end image quality, then you are in the ballpark, but its a ballpark not a racetrack..

BTW, I use a render farm with LuxRender (MicroTechnologies Iceberg i7-M) which is 10 blades giving me 80 threads to render with. I can render large complex DAZ scenes at high resolution, faster than 3Delight using LuxRender (Reality) and its physically accurate unbiased rendering. And that uses no GPU, only pure CPU rendering. So it is possible to render fast with Reality, but it's by using multiple CPUs and RAM, not graphics cards.

Post edited by jrlaudio on