Carrara Challenge #58 - It's a Kind of Magic - WIP thread.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,226

Headwax said:

sorry dart, pretty simple, just put a map in the gel section of the light bulb - adds interest because light is more scattered - also did it because I could make the original maps in carrara

Oh, the Gel. Yep. I use Gel maps all the time! :)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Dartanbeck said:

Headwax said:

sorry dart, pretty simple, just put a map in the gel section of the light bulb - adds interest because light is more scattered - also did it because I could make the original maps in carrara

Oh, the Gel. Yep. I use Gel maps all the time! :)

yes, great tools carrara has ;)

edited June 2021

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

The Magic Duckling

Classic HW. Magical indeed, really good work.  Maybe that left sleeve could be a bit lower.

thanks Ub, i fixed it in post- was too lazy to rerender - great c and c thanks!

boywithduckfixedsleeve.jpg
    2000 x 2347 - 3M
    Post edited by Headwax on
    edited June 2021

Out of Body Experience second version. I animated the kid and hid everything else then rendered different frames of the animation and combined them in post

- after UB's comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,728

Headwax - Duckling render is awesome. Out of Body render just keeps getting betterer !!!

UB - thanks for the comment, looking forward to your offerings !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax - Duckling render is awesome. Out of Body render just keeps getting betterer !!!

UB - thanks for the comment, looking forward to your offerings !!!

thank youBunyip02! 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited June 2021

Headwax said:

Out of Body Experience second version. I animated the kid and hid everything else then rendered different frames of the animation and combined them in post

Wow, you've taken it to another level.  Super creative.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,988
    edited June 2021

~   And does anyone Listen to Music while workin' on Projects _  ??

Post edited by ed3D on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

ed3D said:

~   And does anyone Listen to Music while workin' on Projects _

Not only do I like to have some form of noise, I also like to have visual distraction.  That might be an old movie, a sporting event, a coffee shop, but something that causes me to actively ignore it.  I've always been that way; better able to concentrate when I have to actively ignore something than when I am in peace and quiet.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

~   And does anyone Listen to Music while workin' on Projects _

Not only do I like to have some form of noise, I also like to have visual distraction.  That might be an old movie, a sporting event, a coffee shop, but something that causes me to actively ignore it.  I've always been that way; better able to concentrate when I have to actively ignore something than when I am in peace and quiet.

I'm the same way. I get too distracted in complete silence. I have the radio or tv on at all times. 

And   instrumental  Jazz   _  there's some on  YouTub'  _ 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Headwax said:

here's a few with one light bulb, then  two, then three, all in the same place with different maps,

if you twist the bulb then that bulb's maps get out of sinc with the others and could make interesting effects???

thats kewl. 

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

Wow, you've taken it to another level.  Super creative.

thank you UB - I would like to experiment with motion blur one day - never tried it to produce a carrara render  yet

Mystiara said:

Headwax said:

here's a few with one light bulb, then  two, then three, all in the same place with different maps,

if you twist the bulb then that bulb's maps get out of sinc with the others and could make interesting effects???

thats kewl. 

thanks!!!

ed3D said:

~   And does anyone Listen to Music while workin' on Projects _  ??

I listen to youtubes on how to use a fishfinder ;)

But seriously, I worked in a studio shared by 6 other artists for many years.

We quickly learnt that, what one artist wanted to listen to, was what another artist would find distracting.

Hence I work in silence as I find that exterior input takes you out of the zone.

Painting is about action/reaction. Having action/saxaphone solo/reaction kind of gets in the way ;)

wip Rising from Fire's of a new Cosmos

experimenting with the fire primitive settings and colors
    Modiphier - spherical

made a geoshell of her face.

hdri - Asteroids360 Blue Nebula.hdr
    plane pbr - urban decay shaders

ch58 magic-1.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 3M
    ch58 1.JPG
    1241 x 589 - 152K
    ch58 2.JPG
    912 x 583 - 53K

Wow Mysty thats pretty spectacular! How did you make the geoshells? Love the colours , very rich! 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,728

Looking good Misty !!!

edited June 2021

thanks.

i took her into the model room.  slected by shader domain, face and lips.  invert selection, then delete.

geoshell kept the uvs and shader domains.

and is easier to open in notepad, i'm manually copying over the thumbnail to the cbr files. spheres not much of a hint fpr faces.

oh, enlightenedwondrin if making a geoshell skull cap of V4 head would work with those dyn hair presets that only work on V4.
    if it keeps the uvs.  is a possibility.
    it kills me, it like looking thru the window of the bakery when its closed.  would like to drop that romance hair on a few heads.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited June 2021

a quick play ... would like to get some of the freebies in there from the freebie thread

Untitled-1.jpg
    1738 x 1020 - 1M

Mystiara said:

thanks.

i took her into the model room.  slected by shader domain, face and lips.  invert selection, then delete.

geoshell kept the uvs and shader domains.

and is easier to open in notepad, i'm manually copying over the thumbnail to the cbr files. spheres not much of a hint fpr faces.

oh, enlightenedwondrin if making a geoshell skull cap of V4 head would work with those dyn hair presets that only work on V4.
    if it keeps the uvs.  is a possibility.
    it kills me, it like looking thru the window of the bakery when its closed.  would like to drop that romance hair on a few heads.

great idea - from memory you can use that daz studio carrara plugin to delete the geometery you dont want and still keep it boned and uveed

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I think it would be helpful if participants here looked at their PM's from time to time. :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Might help to be more specific.  I wasted a login.  LOL.

~  And there's the saying  "a good login is never wasted"

and am half  jokeding  _

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

Loggins are never wasted laugh

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811
    edited June 2021

Have a Break

This one I rendered out the image then hid the foreground models and rendered again to combine in post in PSE20

I modelled all but Harpet the clown, the cow and terrain n tree.. also used Darts starry sky.

clown_wip.JPG
    1864 x 977 - 295K
    Space Magic.png
    900 x 675 - 621K
    Space Magic floater.png
    900 x 675 - 614K
    Have a Break.png
    900 x 675 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on

UnifiedBrain said:

I think it would be helpful if participants here looked at their PM's from time to time. :)

thanks I have me email setup to forward and filter now I am getting everything!

Stezza said:

Have a Break

This one I rendered out the image then hid the foreground models and rendered again to combine in post in PSE20

I modelled all but Harpet the clown, the cow and terrain n tree.. also used Darts starry sky.

wow that's a beauty Stezza dark and scary, one of your best. Does something wicked this way come?

wip part 1, title: Delusions of Grandeur

render is still baking smiley

the castle part.  have yet to add the bippity-boppity

predatron set.

the lighting was a tough decision  went with2 shape rings,
    1 is set to cast shadows. fromm 300feet in the Z
    1 to surround the castle grounds.

set all the bump amplitudes to 100%

dunno why i went so many pixels, delusions of grandeur

wip ch58 baking.JPG
    1024 x 398 - 80K