Copyright Question

vanessavanessa Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,
I am new to Daz. What a wonderful program. I am a graphic designer and I would like to create some 3D artwork using some purchased models from daz shop. I am intending on rendering out my models as a png file and selling the artwork to a few other designers to use in their print materials. Can someone let me know if this breaking any of the Daz copyright laws. I have emailed them but yet to receive a response. Hope someone can set me in the right direction.
Thanks Vanessa:cheese:

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 2014

From the End User License Agreement:

"Two Dimensional Works. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User’s other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User’s two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format. All other rights with respect to the Content and its use are reserved by DAZ and its licensors."

So, in general, for rendered 2D works - they're yours to use in any way you see fit.

If you haven't already, you will need to agree to the EULA before you can download anything here. (You'll be prompted).

Post edited by namffuak on
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

The DAZ Eula applies to essentially all the products you can buy in the DAZ store.

If you are using free content from sites like ShareCG.com, you need to check the licensing. Some products on free sites are licensed for personal and commercial use, but some are only licensed for personal use.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

You can also read the current version of the EULA here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/eula