Millennium Dragon Questions...

ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have wondered for a while now, (should have asked this earlier I suppose) if anyone else has difficulty getting the Millennium Dragon's (both 1.0 and 2.0 have this problem it seems) parts (like the beard and spines and such) to fit correctly in Daz Studio (I am using Daz Studio 4 Pro)? For instance if I load up the ear fins they appear in the right place and everything looks cool then I do a "fit to: Millennium Dragon" and they twist up around his head in in a funky fashion. The beard appears a bit below the chin when it loads then when I do a fit to to keep it in place it goes off to some funky location as well. I have this problem with other parts as well though I can't remember what happens in each instance at the moment. Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong or is this just one of those things that we just have to live with. I just want to reach in there and stick the blasted things on with super glue sometimes.

Charles

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I never use the Mil Dragon, but I just tried this, and it works OK for me. I loaded the Ear fins and the Beard from the Content Library tab by double clicking on them, and they are 'Fit To' automatically, no need to do anything else. I did right click on the beard etc in the viewport, and used the 'Fit To' from the dropdown menu anyway, but the items did not move at all since they are already fitted.

I removed the items, loaded them again from the Content Library tab, selected a pose from the Pose folder, and everything stayed where it was without me having to use 'Fit To' at all. I am using the latest version of DS4P (4.5.0.90).

Does that help any?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

You may need to reset the scale on the add-ons - the simplest way is to hold down alt (opt on a Mac) and click on the Scale slider.

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

You may need to reset the scale on the add-ons - the simplest way is to hold down alt (opt on a Mac) and click on the Scale slider.

Cool thanks, I tried resetting the scale and it worked for everything that I tried except for things that attached to the chin such as the beard and the chin fins which were the only two that I tried. thus far the only way that I have been able to use the chin add-ons is to manually put them in place after the dragon is posed, but the scaling trick has been a big help. Oh and another thing the scaling trick only works if you do it after you do the "fit-to".

The dragon loads at 250% and I am not sure what the chin parts load at but after you do the fit to they jump to 400% which is what the other problematic parts were doing, scaling everything down to match the dragon's scale of 250% fixed everything that I tried except the chin pieces which were still locked at just a bit beneath the chin location that they should have been locked at.

Charles

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

That sounds a lot like a problem that I used to have, but am no longer seeing. I might just be confused here, but just in case you might want to reset your downloads and see if the mil dragon was updated since you last installed it, or perhaps the problem only happens under certain circumstances. Are you running DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47, or an earlier version?

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

That sounds a lot like a problem that I used to have, but am no longer seeing. I might just be confused here, but just in case you might want to reset your downloads and see if the mil dragon was updated since you last installed it, or perhaps the problem only happens under certain circumstances. Are you running DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47, or an earlier version?

Yep, I'm using 4.0.3.47 and I just reset my download something like the day I made the original post on this topic and am working on an install of Mil Dragon from that file set. The reason that I reset the download was because I was hoping that this issue had been addressed. Hehe the beard's not that big of a deal for me though cuz I never really liked the beard that much anyway. :)

CHarles