Faulty product: How long does it usually take until a ticket is answered?

ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278
edited May 2021 in The Commons

Hello,

I bought a product which isn't working correctly. I opened a ticket last weekend and there is still no answer.

Is that normal? How long does it usually take?

Thanks

Post edited by ps2000 on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Depends. Last time I opened a ticket it took a couple of months and by that time the product had already been fixed.

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

Jesus Christ.

I hope I won't have to wait that long.

• markgoode77markgoode77 Posts: 343

Let's just say don't hold your breath.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,125

Assuming it's the ticket regarding the PC+ item, I've found it.. and will see about getting it fixed.  I can't give a timeline though on when that will be done I'm afraid.

In the case of other tickets, where it's an issue with a brokered item, CS need to reach out to the PA in the first instance, and then it's up to the PA to fix.  We are actively working on reducing this backlog as we speak as it happens.

That's right, it's the ticket regarding the PC+ item. 

Thanks.

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited May 2021

How long does it take to get fixed?

I have tickets from 2014 that have NEVER been answered so don't necessarily get your hopes up.  Think DAZ "soon."

..Joe

PS: DAZ will probably delete this post, because, well, truth hurts.

Post edited by joegerardi on
  • Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155

Currently, most (92%) of customer service tickets are answered within 3 business days.  However, Jack is correct to point out that getting them fixed can be longer, especially if it's a PA's product. We've also added more members to our bug resolution team recently so that products are getting fixed faster. We're believing this will solve product issues faster, and for easier issues potentially the same day it's reported.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2021

Still waiting for my ticket about 3du toon infant smiley

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,148

Why are tickets being marked solved when there is no CS response in the tickets saying that anything was updated? I tried to reopen one of them today by asking why it was marked solved.

Example: 
    Request #373696 Iray Materials in 22 Parker Road Props 2nd Floor have missing file error

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

barbult said:

Why are tickets being marked solved when there is no CS response in the tickets saying that anything was updated? I tried to reopen one of them today by asking why it was marked solved.

Example: 
    Request #373696 Iray Materials in 22 Parker Road Props 2nd Floor have missing file error

Man, I bought parker road some time ago and used it for some scenes. Could have sworn it worked back then. But now it's faulty (missing file error).

Was the error introduced at a later time?

I don't like to file another ticket.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited May 2021

ps2000 said:

That's right, it's the ticket regarding the PC+ item. 

Thanks.

Please be so kind to tell me which product it is. Is it one of this week's PC+ items? I have some of them in my cart, and of course I don't want to buy a broken product. Thank you!

Post edited by caravelle on

Here you go:

https://www.daz3d.com/gypsy-soul-kezia

It's an additional texture pack for:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-gypsy-soul-for-genesis-8-females 

You can't apply any of the additional textures because of a missing file error. 

The base product on its own works fine. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,148

ps2000 said:

barbult said:

Example: 

Man, I bought parker road some time ago and used it for some scenes. Could have sworn it worked back then. But now it's faulty (missing file error).

Was the error introduced at a later time?

I don't like to file another ticket.

I don't know when the bug was introduced, but you shouldn't have to file another ticket. I filed mine back on April 13. Theoretically, my ticket should be enough to get it fixed for everyone. So far it has only been reported to the bug tracker and then marked solved (maybe accidently???).

This is the content of that bug report, so you can see what the specific issue is:

Some of the Materials files in 22 Parker Road Props 2nd Floor display missing file errors when they are applied to the props. For example:
    2021-04-13 12:08:11.356 Loaded file: 22prp bed2.duf
    2021-04-13 12:08:11.586 Could not resolve : "/data/Petipet/22Parker Rd/Bed2/UV Sets/Petipet/Base/default.dsf"
    The problem is that the data folder referenced in the Iray Materials files (22Parker Rd) does not match the actual data folder that is installed by DIM (Modern house props). This is a PC+ product. Please correct the Iray Materials files that contain the error. I think the 3Delight materials may be OK.

To reproduce one example of this error :
    1) Load 22PRP Chair 2.duf
    2) Select Chair 2 in the Scene pane
    3) Apply the Iray (MDL) material 22PRP Deck chair.duf
    4) Observe that a missing file error box pops up.

edited May 2021

Tried.

I can reproduce the error like you said. 

Post edited by ps2000 on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,244
    edited May 2021

ps2000 said:

Here you go:

"dForce Gypsy Soul for Genesis 8 Female(s)" was renamed to "dForce Boho Soul for Genesis 8 Female(s)" almost a year ago, and got mangled in the process. I wrote a ticket that was never addressed, but it was eventually straightened out after several iterations (thanks, Jen). Parts were lost, so hierarchical material presets were no longer valid. The missing pieces were restored and the included hierarchical presets worked properly again.

However, the Kezia Texture add-on (which got updated at the same time as the mangled Boho Soul) was never brought into line with the final version of the base outfit. I was so fed up with the errors by then, that I just corrected it myself and moved on. (Luckily, I still had the first release, which made that part much easier).

I guess I should follow up with my own ticket explaining what I did to correct it. I guess no one else did, or it is still open... somewhere...

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
    edited May 2021

Seems like I wasn't the first one who hade these problems. A shame that it wasn't fixed until now.

I wonder why the base product was renamed. It seems to have caused a lot of unnecessary issues. 

Post edited by ps2000 on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,244

Cultural appropriation? Inappropriate use of cultural stereotypes? Like anything Lolita before it, and that Havana Hair, hogtying anyone trying to use PayPal, there is precedent.

Hm-m, that's the second time I said I would follow up, but the first time was a couple of weeks before the Storepocalypse, so it was absently pushed aside.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

I have always received a response within 24 hours but weekends could be longer, if you state exactly what the issue is and what is or maybe be required to fix the problem the issue will be shorted out in 2 or 3 days max, i have tested everything, refunds to store credit and back to original source of account.. there have been a few items in have purchased in the past that either did not work or turned out not suitable for my needs so i have always been delt with within 2 or 3 working days. any technical issues like not all files are being installed from the manual file through the file manager systems like daz central or install manager you may need to report in detail if you want those issued fixed, but then again i have reported those issues before & they fixed them then the next update undid the fix so some files may need a total manual installation to work fully and bypass there silly updates because it will install to another file area where it wont auto update via the manager system, that installation will install to another location in daz3d and not effect the product lists or catagories in that particular area of the editor, you'll install to the Mydaz3d library instead which links to that product content installed via the manager.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    edited May 2021

I don't ask for troubleshooting anymore. It can take months or a year. If it's not something I can deal with myself, I just ask for a refund and buy something else. Refunds get processed pretty quickly, at least. I do send tickets as just a heads up: hey this is broken, you should know, type thing. 

Additionally, if you DO ask for troubleshooting, the 30-day clock is supposed to freeze on your ability to refund, but only if you mention that you would eventually like a refund if it doesn't get resolved. So if you start a ticket after 3 days but wait three months before giving up on a fix, you could potentially still get a refund, IF you mentioned that you would want a refund if it wasn't fixed in your original ticket (or at least before the first 30 days was up). 

Note: It does seem like new releases are likely to get fixes faster. Old releases are a bad gamble. But it's up to you. Just don't forget to bake in that refund request! 

Post edited by Sera on

I am still waiting for 5-6 products to get fixed. Some tickets are over two years old.

A kind pa fixed Yvanovich bun hair....something daz has failed to fix for years now.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670

Serene Night said:

I am still waiting for 5-6 products to get fixed. Some tickets are over two years old.

Are they owned by DAZ or are they PA only? 

I have a mix of open tickets.

Wouldn't it be good to make a thread where all the currently defective products are listed, so that one can avoid the hassle of buying and refunding them? 

Or is something like that not welcomed here?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited May 2021

OK. 

The thing is if I buy a defective product which doesn't work I asssume that the mistake is on my side at first.

So I deinstall, reinstall, try several other things etc. 

Then I have to file a ticket, answer some more or less ingenious questions and wait 2-3 days before  getting my money back. 

That all takes a lot of time and time is money. 

Furthermore I often don't test my bought products immediately or when I do not extensively (sometimes I buy a lot).

So the time for a refund may be very well expired at the time I discover the defect.

I am pretty sure that I have some more or less faulty products in my extensive library which I don't know of (for example parker road).

So DAZ or the PA won't even get the message. 

And it could all be avoided if we have a thread where one could look up the currently defective products.

Being open about these product issues would be definitely more customer friendly.

I mean everybody makes mistakes, but it's importmant how we deal with them.  

Post edited by ps2000 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

ps2000 said:

OK. 

The thing is if I buy a defective product which doesn't work I asssume that the mistake is on my side at first.

Then I have to file a ticket, answer some more or less ingenious questions and wait 2-3 days before  getting my money back. 

Furthermore I often don't test my bought products immediately or when I do not extensively (sometimes I buy a lot).

So the time for a refund may be very well expired at the time I discover the defect.

I am pretty sure that I have some more or less faulty products in my extensive library which I don't know of (for example parker road).

And it could all be avoided if we have a thread where one could look up the currently defective products.

Being open about these product issues would be definitely more customer friendly.

The proiblem with a thread, as with the open bug tracker, is that it would be swamped with things that were not in fact bugs - feature requests, misunderstandings of what the product actually claimed to do, installation issues, lots of duplicate reportsd, and even user errors. If people want to try we won't stop them but I'm pretty sure it will run into the sand pretty quickly.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319

ps2000 said:

Here you go:

Thank you, ps2000! I see that none of the new items is affected.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    If you use the Daz deals browser plugin, product pages will show forum threads that link to the product. Many a bug can be caught this way before purchasing.

Richard Haseltine said:

ps2000 said:

OK. 

The proiblem with a thread, as with the open bug tracker, is that it would be swamped with things that were not in fact bugs - feature requests, misunderstandings of what the product actually claimed to do, installation issues, lots of duplicate reportsd, and even user errors. If people want to try we won't stop them but I'm pretty sure it will run into the sand pretty quickly.

Ok, that's understandable.

But why does DAZ not release a list of know product issues themselves (maybe in the form of a stickied thread). I mean you must have such a list. 

It would prevent some users from filing duplicate tickets (reducing your workload).

It would also save your customers a lot of time.

And I as a customer could decide if I still want to buy the defective product (for example if only a minor part of the product is defective). The result would be fewer tickets and increased customer satisfaction.