DAZ Studio 4.7 figure import into Bryce 7 Pro

eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
edited December 2014 in Bryce Discussion

Hello Bryce users.

This is my first post. Here goes . . .

1) When I import a DAZ Studio 4.7 figure import into Bryce 7 Pro it always opens a new Bryce window instead of importing into a Bryce landscape I already have ready. Is this normal? Is there a workaround to have figure import into pre-made landscape?

2) Sometimes when I manipulate figure, move it around and such in Bryce, it breaks apart! It may have its hair come loose or even the whole body splits apart. How do I prevent such from happening?

Here is my gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/82172/

You can see my "robots" that are broken apart in "Babylon Falls" where I took a problem and turned it into a creative moment.

Thanks for the help!

BabylonFalls.jpg
1274 x 478 - 578K
Post edited by eermusic on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forum and the Bryce group.

What I normally do is save the object into the Content Library of Bryce from the new Bryce window and then import it into the scene from there. At the same time I look at the menu at the side of the object and if there is a 'U' I click on it to ungroup it and then click on 'G' in that menu to re-group it which works. Sometimes I will click outside the object on a clear part of the background and draw a selection box around the object to select all. Check that the perspective and ground aren't selected too by shift/control/right clicking on the object and unticking those in the menu that opens. I think you have to keep the shift held down at the same time. I then click the 'G' on the menu at the side of the selected objects to group them and then save them as an object. Go back to your scene window and click on the Content Library to add an object and go to where you saved it and click to use it. You will always have it in the library ready for use at anytime.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

Hi eermusic

In addition to Fishtales advice. I never use the DAZ Studio function "Send to Bryce". First it seems to work, but I always ran into problems sooner or later. Instead I export the character as a Wavefront Object (obj-filextension). I took all the suggested options, except "scale", which I reduced to 50 %, that is still a bit big. Afterwards I start Bryce manually and import the obj-file. The characters always is properly grouped. Of course you got other fallbacks. In my case the eye textures are not applied correctly I have to adjust them in Bryce.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Two other ways I do it using the Bryce Bridge:

1) Select the whole bridged object and Group it. Then Copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C PC, Command+C Mac). Then, without closing Bryce, open the previous scene and Paste it into the scene (Ctrl/Command + V). This is real easy but for complex objects sometimes not all the correct textures get pasted in ( they come over the default gray).

2) What always works for me (and how I usually do it) is after bridging the figure in, I remove the ground plane, then Select All and group them and do a Save As… to a new file.
    I then open the scene I want the figure in and then I use the File>Merge command and select the previous Save As… file. Which for me brings most of the figure in correctly.

This deletes any previous rendered image but you can use the File>Open Image to bring it back. You will also need to fix the Eye/Eyelashes as Electro-Elvis mentioned.

• eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Many thanks to ALL for the tips! Back to the challenge of good digital art.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    Welcome to the forum and the Bryce group.

What I normally do is save the object into the Content Library of Bryce from the new Bryce window and then import it into the scene from there. At the same time I look at the menu at the side of the object and if there is a 'U' I click on it to ungroup it and then click on 'G' in that menu to re-group it which works. Sometimes I will click outside the object on a clear part of the background and draw a selection box around the object to select all. Check that the perspective and ground aren't selected too by shift/control/right clicking on the object and unticking those in the menu that opens. I think you have to keep the shift held down at the same time. I then click the 'G' on the menu at the side of the selected objects to group them and then save them as an object. Go back to your scene window and click on the Content Library to add an object and go to where you saved it and click to use it. You will always have it in the library ready for use at anytime.

That is the way I usually do it, though you have to be careful when the scene opens to move the viewport scene cam controls so when you select the object, (I usually just drag a box around it) and group it, not to include the facing perspective cam if you are saving it as a preset. Bryce objects are not manipulatable as they are in DAZ, you pick your figure, pose, clothes, expression, etc. (in the case of the human figures) and Daz exports it into Bryce as a static obz (obj) model.