Contest - RRRR Unleashed! With prizes! *Closed*

14567810»

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    And at a strong risk of failing to meet the deadline, I'll try that final pull (Number 9):

656 = James for M5
    1599 = The Spire
    997 Jump Your Way
    2599 = Fitzwilliam Expansion

Well I got finished in time, but at the cost of having a little less going on in it than I'd have liked...

TAG:MelanieL#9

Lord of All He Surveys

Sir James was fiercely proud of his inheritance and expected that his son would feel the same way.

Also Used:
    Divinity Skies Prophecy (required for The Spire)
    Regency for G2M, Regency Expansion for G2M (required for Fitzwilliam)
    Son - Brothers for Growing Up
    DAZ Horse 2
    Grass Shader for DAZ Studio, Garden Escape Arbor Gate (fence) Ecomantics Efficient Ecosystems (trees)
    Indigitamenta (column) and Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit (statue on hillside)
    Divinity Skies Oracle with The Steeple texture (other building)
    Easy Environments: Greenlands (skybox and lights) with additional Advanced Distant Light

Lord-of-All-He-Surveys.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 448K
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I shall optimistically make a pull #5 and hope I can finish it in time!

8221 The Hunters for Genesis 2 Female(s) (MartinJFrost) - DAZ
    8480 Total Updo II (Lisbeth N) - DAZ
    6195 Props Pack - Bug Wings 1 (RuntimeDNA) - DNA
    2956 Fear of the Dark (3DWolf) - DAZ

Interesting...?

TAG: KaribousBoutique #5
    Title: Fearful Friendship?

In his defense, Jason could not have possibly known she was just trying to be friendly...
    FearfulFriendship1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 460K
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've got a little under 7 hours. I can squeeze one more in...

Pull #6
    7715 Stump and Log (DreamlandModels); RR
    8249 The Lilithai Strigoia Bundle, Volume 1 (Arki, Spiritfoxy); DNA
    3678 Hellborn Dragon (DAZ Originals); DAZ
    2282 Dream Home Dining Room Furniture Eclectic (Moyra); DAZ

Good grief. Another dragon... Do you realize I'd never rendered with the DAZ Dragon 3 before this month's contest??

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107
    edited December 1969

Yes, but you make such wonderful dragon renders :) ,, and you do pretty good with dark angels and creepy bug girls too :)

lot's of good last minute entries , not to worry, still plenty of time

,,,,,tick, tock ,, tick,,tock :-P hehehe

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Diomede #5

605. "Cheongsam Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s

692. "Colors for Crazy Locks Female Hair

3595. "The Hatter DS","

4017. "Warrior Goddess Poses for Olympia 6

Sneak one more in before the end?

other products used

- B25 Alice, B25 Queen of Hearts
    - 3D Universe toon rabbit
    - Poser 2014 Cheshire Cat, Poser 2014 Card Soldier Figures
    - Laurie S Curious Tea
    - Jac Tomalin Aslan Court
    - Valea Fairy Tale Hair
    - Magenta Hair
    - Cheongsam Dress
    - Saori Kimono

Mad Tequila Party

The Cheshire Cat ignored the chaos and went straight for a saucer of Cuervo Gold.

RRRR_Mad_Hatter_entry_5.jpg
    1040 x 780 - 138K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited January 2015

Between traveling and having my computer repaired, it seems I missed a lot this time. Had to rush at the end. I went back through the last couple of pages. Great work, everyone.

- Icecrmn #9 - clever use of the jeans shaders, which they dont need in the hottub. Sweet. You finished all 9 early. Congrats.
    - Emsim #4 - That is the best reason ever for a retexturing! Sophie is going to have to deal with a lot of drama.
    - OBanion #5 - "tacky and tasteless, decidedly misogynistic, and more than a little chauvinistic;" yep, it is RRRR time folks. Nice glitter effect for the nexus.
    - Sasje #02 - Tremendous. Love the low camera angle and the concept. Well done.
    - emsim #2 - I think the critter is likely to add more to her collection. Hope I'm not around when she does. Great use of the hair.
    - OBanion #6 - I dont see why the aligators would be creeped out. Just looks like more food.
    - Sasje #03 - The pose looks very realistic, and the mood is wonderful.
    - MelanieL #5 - I want to hitch a ride on the return trip! Nice effect on the light from the wand.
    - :luci45 #9 - Another render with fantastic little details everywhere one looks. Great decor.
    - gopherus #9 - sequential art, with poetry. Its all fun until a redhead kicks you in the nut$. LOL. Great style.
    - MelanieL #6 - Careful, he will still bite your legs off! Very realistic environment and shadows.
    - MelanieL #7 - I think this happens every day, now. Great integration of all the items. Seamless.
    - KaribousBoutique #4 - Love the mood. Very subtle work on the expression. If that was your first render of 2015, the year started out very well for you. Cheers.
    - Totte #9 - Foul! She is kicking him below the net! Protest, protest!
    - emsim #3 - I've seen that show after the late, late movie. It not easy to combine the circus tent interior with a Victorian House, but that is what RRRR is all about, and you rose to the occasion. Well done.
    - MelanieL#8 - touching. The render really tells the story.
    - MelanieL#9 - And why wouldn't his son feel the same way about his inheritence? Great perspective. The birds really give a sense of depth.
    - KaribousBoutique #5 - You see, you can't judge a book by its cover. The expressions are excellent.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107
    edited January 2015

almost time,,,good luck to all the contestants. I've had great fun playing and getting to see all the great renders....

....I'll just leave this here ( Reality/luxrender CPU only 10 min runtime )

watch_2.png
    1120 x 874 - 1M
    Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited January 2015

...hope I get this submitted in time now.

Was just about to attach it to the post when I noticed some pokethrough that appeared only in the render and not the viewport as well as a hand position that got messed up. So have to re-render the scene again. This also meant having to reposition and re-scale an UberVolume Cone because for some reason the settings kept reverting back to some default value each time I opened the scene while working on it, even though I had saved the parameter settings I made each time. Definitely a bug in the 4.7 programme.

21:35 here (22:35 Daz Time) and 41% complete though it hasn't got to the hair yet..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

icecrmn said:
    almost time,,,good luck to all the contestants. I've had great fun playing and getting to see all the great renders....

....I'll just leave this here ( Reality/luxrender CPU only 10 min runtime )

You're evil... DS render times make me crazy. But it's only (roughly) 10:40 DAZ time, so I should be good. Thank goodness for obscenely fast processors.

edited January 2015

...doesn't matter much when it comes to UE and hair though. Normally I would have used AoAs Advanced lights and the EZ volume Camera but something in the 4.7 update broke the flagging for the lights and the Atmospheric Cameras. so I'm stuck with slow render times.

edited January 2015

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...doesn't matter much when it comes to UE and hair though. Normally I would have used AoAs Advanced lights and the EZ volume Camera but something in the 4.7 update broke the flagging for the lights and the Atmospheric Cameras. so I'm stuck with slow render times.

Eeek -- I didn't know that. I use the atmospheric cameras frequently...
    Post edited by Karibou on
    edited January 2015

...better late than never I guess.(apologies for not keeping current with the thread).

Had to come up with an original theme rather than what some felt would be the "obvious". Hey, I have to do the unexpected, after all, it's in my err...."idiom".

As mentioned I also had other responsibilities which took precedence over this project for a good part of the month in December like a 3D modelling project that actually earned me a bit of income. Then, yeah, there were the holidays, the College bowl season, Barclay's Premier League play, and the NFL Playoffs. OK, I know, I know,...priorities.

Well; without further adieu, here is my usual single entry for the challenge.

Pull #1

84 Amarseda Hair (Gillian)
    713 Industrial Fan
    1155 Pretty in Pink (Father Tilppling)
    1509 The Church

Also used:

The characters:

Father Tippling:

David 5
    Men 2 for David 5
    Fisty's Sparkles
    Mitch Hair (free) by April YSH
    Laurel Wreath (Free) By John

Gillian:

Teen Josie for G2F
    Growing Up Morphs
    Casual Jeans and T Shirt for G2F
    Mall Girl (Hoodie)

Megan:

Stacia for V6
    Girl 6
    Growing Up Morphs
    Marisandra Hair
    B25 Preppy (pants)
    Breezy Shirt
    Mall Girl (hoodie)

Setting

Night time lighting from The Church
    Skies of Economy (Skydome)
    Fog Tool Deluxe
    Jepe's SteamZ
    City Roads (iron fencing and walls)
    Stone and brick Textures (CR walls)
    Secret Garden (Grotto - free) By Zippy

Props

Lawn Ornaments (Pink Flamingoes)
    Redhouse Cottage Interior (square table)
    AIkanaro (stone pedestal)
    DZFire's Real Metals for Daz Studio
    Old military Bike (free) By Papus3D
    Old Record Player (free) by Sams3D
    Patent Beer Bottle (free) by Trekkie Girrrl

Lights & Effects

Simple Godrays (free) By SuckleYield
    Advanced Spotlight
    UberVolume Cone
    Jepe's SpecialZ Part 1
    HeroFX Xtreme

Created and rendered in Daz Studio 4.7
    Minot postwork and signature in Gimp.

Father Tippling was always known to be a bit "off centre" to many of his "flock" though nonetheless was well loved and admired. That was until one fateful night when young Gillian and Megan were pedalling home past the nearly one thousand year old stone church. Hearing the strains of the famous ballet "Swan Lake" as they approached, the two young lasses came upon a spectacle most peculiar, if not downright unbelievable and disturbing. While rumoured to be but a myth, they had unwittingly stumbled upon the ancient ritual known as...

...The Rite of the Pink

RRRR_Dec_Final_2pw.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've got a little under 7 hours. I can squeeze one more in...

Pull #6
    7715 Stump and Log (DreamlandModels); RR
    8249 The Lilithai Strigoia Bundle, Volume 1 (Arki, Spiritfoxy); DNA
    3678 Hellborn Dragon (DAZ Originals); DAZ
    2282 Dream Home Dining Room Furniture Eclectic (Moyra); DAZ

Good grief. Another dragon... Do you realize I'd never rendered with the DAZ Dragon 3 before this month's contest??

OMG, I **HATE** DAZ RENDER TIMES! And DS crashed twice.

Tag: Karibousboutique #6
    Title: Play Time

Luna had to remind herself that dragons don't "play house" in quite the same way as everyone else...

DragonPlay1.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 740K
    edited December 1969

...seems we just made it before the door shut..

edited December 1969

I have NO idea why, but 3-Delight got stuck twice at 99%, on places where there was absolutely nothing complicated going on. It was fine with the HD, SSS dragon, but got stuck once on the stump and once on the ground plane in a totally random place. In order to finish on time, I had to stop the render and fill in the missing buckets with the clone tool in photoshop -- in both the main, color render and in my Z-depth-layer render, which I render with the fog camera. And the weird thing is that they didn't get stuck in the same places. I really wish I'd had more time to postwork this one, but I was mainly just glad I got it in under the wire. I'd have done this in Poser, but I had no idea what the Hellborn Dragon textures would look in Poser and I THOUGHT it would be faster to just use DS. Wow, was I wrong with that one. I've never had that happen in DS before. Yikes...

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

I have NO idea why, but 3-Delight got stuck twice at 99%, on places where there was absolutely nothing complicated going on. It was fine with the HD, SSS dragon, but got stuck once on the stump and once on the ground plane in a totally random place. In order to finish on time, I had to stop the render and fill in the missing buckets with the clone tool in photoshop -- in both the main, color render and in my Z-depth-layer render, which I render with the fog camera. And the weird thing is that they didn't get stuck in the same places. I really wish I'd had more time to postwork this one, but I was mainly just glad I got it in under the wire. I'd have done this in Poser, but I had no idea what the Hellborn Dragon textures would look in Poser and I THOUGHT it would be faster to just use DS. Wow, was I wrong with that one. I've never had that happen in DS before. Yikes...

I guess it was lot's of Transparency maps or glass traces, 3DL usually get stuck there, and, there is a bug in how 3DL handles bucket distributions. I've several times seen that after a what looks like an even distribution, all threads are trotting along, and the end of the render, one thread has 10 buckets in its queue while the rest are sitting at the bar having afterwork. It's a complicated task (distribute tasks), so it might benefit rendertimes to have small bucket sizes so the leftovers given to the poor thread doing all the overtime is as little as possible.

AND - CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
    (if I calculated time differences correct this time).

And to make all RRRR addicts who also are PC members happy, soon I will kick of an in between contest similar to the Render Jen one (Also looking for sponsors for that one), this time it will be Moyra who is the "target". Keep eyes and ears open, soon coming to a PC club forum near you.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Yes, voting has started, here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51271/

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

thanks MelanieL and Diomede64 for your comments

@MelanieL #8 an idyllic setting. i keep expecting the nurse to start singing the sound of music. Good one!
    #9 alright! you finished the complete set! still a nice pastural! i wonder if there s something psychological about seeing the world from a much removed platform. will he still want to romp about with the ponies? well done!

@Diomede64 #4 LOL! glad they hadn t asked for a club sandwich. they could have gotten splinters biting into it. nicely done!
    #5 a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad render! good thing to hear that the cheshire cat was able to keep his head and go for the gusto! well done!

@KaribousBoutique #5 men are, after all, known for often judging things by superficial appearances. ask caspar the friendly ghost. nice one!
    #6 a good game of fetch with a dragon must require a lot of strength to toss the chair a decent distance. Good one!

@icecmn lol! you have the ability to stop time with your clock render!

@kyoto kid #1 what a tease! you promised the freak in pink and delivered!! stiill i m thinking the freaks ballet appearance qualified for having the fat lady sing. so coming in in the knick of time seems appropriate. Well done!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

just when I thought I would have time to play I get some promo making work. Oh well next time. Good luck everyone.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

@KaribousBoutique #5 - I'm not surprised he looks fearful, she's quite a beauty!?! Hope they sorted it out...
    @diomede64 #5 - wonderfully mad! Those 3D playing cards are new to me, interesting figures. (And thanks very much for your comments on mine)
    @Kyoto Kid #1 - glad you made the deadline this time round! That's quite a scene (I see where the render time went) - wonderfully wacky.
    @KaribousBoutique #6 - eek, she got more than she bargained for playing with a dragon! But he looks so friendly...
    @gopherus - thanks for your comments on mine.

And finally with voting open... GOOD LUCK to everyone!