Fabric and Opacity

When a particular garment texture (in this case, an add-on) is see-through, is it possible to adjust it, so that it is not?

I tried 'cutout opacity', but that just made the material disappear.

I like the garment and pattern, but I need it to be solid- something that could be worn...outside the house.

1.JPG
227 x 338 - 18K

Comments

• wyvern13wyvern13 Posts: 13

There is probably an image map in the opacity surface section to control what parts of the garment are see-through. Remove the map (set it to None) and set opacity to 100 and it should be opaque

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Well, I'll be darn!

Something simple!  And it worked!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Something else you can do, if you want the cloth to be more opaque, but not totally and uniformly so, is to click the cog icon next to cutout opacity, click parameter settings, and uncheck "use limits." Then you can increase the cutout opacity number to beyond 1, which will interact with the image map to produce a more opaque end result. Just push the dial up till you get the effect you want.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

chris-2599934 said:

Something else you can do, if you want the cloth to be more opaque, but not totally and uniformly so, is to click the cog icon next to cutout opacity, click parameter settings, and uncheck "use limits." Then you can increase the cutout opacity number to beyond 1, which will interact with the image map to produce a more opaque end result. Just push the dial up till you get the effect you want.

Thanks for the tip!  today, I encountered a metal surface that seems to be see-through, when it should be solid.  I'm guessing it will be solid in a render, but I haven't tried it yet.