Silo 2.3.1 released.

nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Windows 7 and up, Lynux, and OS X 10.9 64 bit. For those with 32 bit systems, Silo 32 but is now large address aware, allowing it to use 4 gigs of memory as opposed to 2. Seems much faster to me.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=7945752#post7945752

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the notification. I have 2.3 Pro 32 bit. Do I just download the 2.3.1 64 bit and install it? Will my existing registration just work with that?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

I've never used Silo before, and was waiting until a 64bit version was released before even considering it. I have Blender, but since I need to learn the basics of modeling first, I wanted to dive into something that was less feature rich for applications I won't be needing (animation, rendering, game creation, etc).

Having said that, what does this mean?

Exporting to OBJ will not include UVs for subdivided surfaces unless you refine the control mesh first. As a workaround, you can refine meshes, export, and undo the refinement.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Awesome ! more software to consume my brain cells. Program looks cool.

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    edited December 2014

Which raises the question...Now what about Hexagon?

Post edited by kenmo on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thanks for the notification. I have 2.3 Pro 32 bit. Do I just download the 2.3.1 64 bit and install it? Will my existing registration just work with that?

I just tried to download and install this version and Silo would not start...had to delete and reinstall 2.3 version. Has anyone had success installing this update?

edited December 1969

I never tried, because I never got an answer to my question. I decided to leave well enough alone for now, until I learn more. Thanks for sharing your experience.

edited December 1969

The installer did try to install to Program files x86,Silo 2.3 folder but if this is a 64 bit program should it be installed to Program files instead?

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 2014

Kharma said:
    barbult said:

I just tried to download and install this version and Silo would not start...had to delete and reinstall 2.3 version. Has anyone had success installing this update?

Sorry for not keeping up with this thread. I meerly went to the Nevercenter site and downloaded Silo windows 64bit version from the options, and had no problem. Ended up with the old version still in the x86 program files in addition.

Post edited by nobody1954 on
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    barbult said:

Sorry for not keeping up with this thread. I meerly went to the Nevercenter site and downloaded Silo windows 64bit version from the options, and had no problem. Ended up with the old version still in the x86 program files in addition.

So you installed this version to Program Files, not Program Files x86?

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Kharma said:
    barbult said:

So you installed this version to Program Files, not Program Files x86?

64 bit software should go in the Program files. The Program Files x86 is for 32 bit software. The 64 bit version I downloaded installed itself to the correct location.

edited December 1969

I have now tried to install to both folders and get the following error... do you have a link to the update maybe I have downloaded the wrong version? This was a free update correct and my serial # should be good ?

silo_error.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 88K
    edited December 2014

I used the main download page. Have your registration number available. Click the download button.

http://www.nevercenter.com/silo/

Post edited by nobody1954 on
    edited December 2014

The files I get is Silo 2_3_1 win.zip...doesn't say 64 bit anywhere...and didn't ask for my registration # either

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited December 2014

Ok I got it downloading now thank you,will try installing right away :)

EDIT: Thanks!! Installed and working...did not ask for my registration # tho

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited December 1969

I used the main download page. Have your registration number available. Click the download button.

http://www.nevercenter.com/silo/

Thank you. I downloaded and installed. It went into Program Files, as expected. It opens and runs and it knew my registration number automatically.
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Hey nobody told me about this Silo update!!........... couldn't resist:) ... thanks... installed and updated my registration automatically