UPDATE!!!! Salashin AKA Blackraven3d, Important announcement regarding my hosting site

SalashinSalashin Posts: 14
edited December 2014 in The Commons

I am retiring the handles of both "Salashin" and "Blackraven3d". They will no longer be used in association with my art (or me hopefully any long for that matter. I have been absent from the art community for a very long time due to many health circumstances that thankfully have now been dealt with. I needed to also announce that my personal domain and website will be shutting down as of NOW apparently.... Please see comments below :/.

To anyone still using my space, I am sorry but circumstances are forcing me to close it down. I will keep a backup of all files until the day I take it down so if anyone misses this message I will have a copy until that day.

My old and any future free items will now be available on ShareCG's site at the following location: http://www.sharecg.com/TheRavenQueen I am hoping to try to get back into the saddle but it may take me a bit. Finances are rough as well so I am not sure if all of my future creations are going to remain free or if I may set a small portion aside for sale. For now however I will rely on donations. My email is going to be changed so please use the ShareCG site in the short term until I get all the electronic jostling settled.

BTW, It warmed my heart to see that the Freebie Contest that I started is STILL going strong! You guys are awesome.

Thank you for your consideration. I miss you guys!

Post edited by Salashin on

Comments

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear you made it through those health issues. You might not have noticed, but recently ShareCG has been having a lot of connectivity issues. You might consider hosting them on Renderosity. Many thanks for the space freebies. Maybe now I'll have someplace for The Lexx to play. :-)

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

ShareCG is fixed, at least as far as I've noticed. Seems faster than ever for me on latest version of Firefox.

And welcome back, Salashin. I think I'm still regularly using some of your old freebies.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

wwes said:
    ShareCG is fixed, at least as far as I've noticed. Seems faster than ever for me on latest version of Firefox.

And welcome back, Salashin. I think I'm still regularly using some of your old freebies.

FWIW, I just had 3 time-outs today on ShareCG. I'm on the latest FF too.
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Thanks for letting us know! I still have a bunch of old stuff on there that I don't think I have on a hard drive anymore.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Hello Salashin!

I was recently thinking about you and glad to hear you're doing better. You have been missed as well, and glad to see you're back.

-MJ

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

thanks for the freebies
    the props from nr1 do not find the textures in a modern daz studio

• SalashinSalashin Posts: 14
    edited December 2014

Here is the deal. Anyone who was using my site for hosting, my manipulative controlling spouse has begun the process of moving the domain a tad sooner than planned. I can still access the files if you don't have them backed up already. For a short while. Please let anyone know who still needs them. Like Tiggersprings. The blackraven EMAIL doesn't work anymore!

Gonna stick with shareCG for now for hosting freebies and such. Trying to set up a semi-private system for donations for old or new stuff I may create to try and save up money to try and afford legal fees to try and get out the situation I am in. It is very complicated and it is going to take time and I can't say much because the spouse is better at IT security and snooping than I am. Im taking a risk even posting here. Anyways. I wont be posting as much openly. If you need to reach me please please email me. its for my well being.

In other news I AM working on a much more complex and sophisticated Space kit. (I hope lol). It will take time though.

I didn't realize that the newest Studio is not using the DS presets properly??? This is annoying because I put ALOT of time into getting all the displacement, bump and specularity settings just right. If they aren't working then it looks like crap out of the box. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'll have to try and see what I can do with the newer stuff I am working on but as I said, it takes time. Health stuff involved, broken leg AND broken neck (yeah spinal surgery on the neck was NOT fun) and most recently abdominal surgery. FINALLY all that crap I hope is behind me. Im back to the gym, Im dealing with my bi polar depression with new better medication and hopefully can get my life back on track. Hope this means I can get back to making stuff for you all too.

Thank you for the support!

Post edited by Salashin on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

We love you!

/hugs!

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

More {{{{{HUGZ}}}}}!!!

• Oh, dear. I didn't see this before. I don't spend much time in forums much myself these days, and haven't for a long time now.  I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling so. I guess this explains why my part of my blog images aren't displaying at the moment (they were hosted on blackraven3d). I hope things imporove for you. Thank you for your generosity over the years. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I don't know you, but certainly hope you find a way to resolve the issues and that you continue to heal physically. Hugs!