GeoShell and Grafts

Is this a feature or a bug? GeoShell's no longer have the surfaces of grafts?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Did you create the shell before or after adding the geograft?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    After.

Leana said:

Did you create the shell before or after adding the geograft?

Does not work the same way in Beta as in Public Release.

Well, well, well.... here we are a year on again and I am having the same problem. This thread never went very far... but here's the issue:

Add a geoshell.... it does not contain the textures/surfaces of any geocrafts.  A year ago this problem miraculously fixed itself and hadn't recurred for a year. Now I find myself in the same predicament.  No single or multiple geocraft, DAZ or 3rd party, will show in any geoshell.

Restarted Studio, restarted the computer, cleared the DSON cache on the off chance....looked in the temp folder....I got nothing.  But I need this functionality back.

Ideas?

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 361

Do you have a tool such as 'Geometry Editor', 'Joint Editor', or 'Mesh Grabber' active?

These, and possibly others partially detach grafts and will cause the effect you are describing.

Try changing the active tool to 'Node Selection' or 'Universal' and see if it resolves the issue.

I've been doing this for quite a while, and though I occasionally make mistakes... this isn't one of those times. Not only does it not work if I start from scratch, I have a number of preset characters that I routinely load: step one the figure with its materials, step two a wearable preset that contains hair, anatomy and sometimes multiple geoshells.  Nothing works.

I switched over to the beta of Studio... everything loads fine.

So I used the scripts to copy all my custom settings over: broken again.

Clean install of the beta: everything loads fine.

So it is a repeatable issue.  I just don't know what is causing it. Nothing changed in my custom settings between Monday, when it worked, and Tuesday when it didn't.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

Have had a DAZ Studio issue a few years back that sounds similar to your issue.
    A change was essentially baked into DS.
    Even posted under TechThread subforum. No surprise how that went.

Your "sudden" not working could be a result of one extra action, intended ot not not, that threw a sequence out and is now baked.  Just a thought.

In the end, between 2 versions of DS i painstakenly did this and that.  Until found the issue.

Smoothing & Geometry editor were very involved in my case with geografts.
    A particular set of steps fixed my issue. Finding this exact sequence of steps took quite a while to find.
    Closed daz and worked fine since.

I also looked at all the places DAZ saves user changes.  Never found the right spot.
    So ony fix was using a good DS version and bad DS version and going back and forth between them to eventually find a way to fix the issue in DS to bake change proper again.

Maybe related?