ctrl Z and delete keys don't work

areg5areg5 Posts: 617
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just updated to the latest version, but this has been going on for a week or so. When I try to delete objects or figures from a scene, the delete key doesn't work. It used to. Also, I used to be able to undo a pose using ctrl-z and that no longer works. These functions work with other programs. I am running Win 7 64bit.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You may have changed the hotkey for these actions in error.

Go to Edit > Customize > Actions, and in the columns on the left, select 'Edit' near the bottom of the first page. Expand that, and you will see the Shortcut keys assigned to each menu choice. You can highlight the menu item, right click and select Change Keyboard Shortcut if it is not correct.

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

You may have changed the hotkey for these actions in error.

Go to Edit > Customize > Actions, and in the columns on the left, select 'Edit' near the bottom of the first page. Expand that, and you will see the Shortcut keys assigned to each menu choice. You can highlight the menu item, right click and select Change Keyboard Shortcut if it is not correct.

I am using 4.7. Under the edit tab there is no customize choice

edited December 1969

I am using 4.7 as well, and it is there for me. The hotkey is 'F3', and if that doesn't bring it up, you could try changing to a different layout in Window > Workspace > Select Layout and see if that helps. What layout are you using by the way?

If all else fails, you may need to do a re-install of DS4.7

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

I am using 4.7 as well, and it is there for me. The hotkey is 'F3', and if that doesn't bring it up, you could try changing to a different layout in Window > Workspace > Select Layout and see if that helps. What layout are you using by the way?

If all else fails, you may need to do a re-install of DS4.7

I switched to Hollywood Blvd, and it still wasn't listed under edit but it made F3 work. All fixed. Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Using the current layouts it's Window>Workspace>Customise...

edited December 1969

Mine was under the Edit menu as usual, but I ran the 'Update and Merge Menus.DSE' script, and now it is in the right place :)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783

I know this is an ancient thread, but it came up on Google and was helpful; all of my Crtl keys stopped working in Studio 4.9 after yesterday's Windows 10 Cumulative update.  Changing the workspace layout to Self Serve and back to Holywood Blvd fixed it...