Dforce Wildman Outfits For Genesis 8 Male and Female [Commercial]

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726

Hi everyone. So this is what I am working on currently. I so far only have the male outfit somewhat completed, but wanted to get some opinions or criticism from anyone who is willing to give.

It is Dforce skirt and shall. He comes with a pair of underwear, skirt, belt, necklace, cape, bone helmet, leather boots, and a club.

Any criticism or comments most welcome.

Thanks

Caveman.jpg
749 x 1060 - 292K
Caveman2.jpg
749 x 1060 - 279K
Post edited by acharyapolina on

Comments

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

It looks great only problem I have is the metal spikes in the club, maybe use bones or something?

• I was thinking of that myself, they look too uniform. I'm going to change them to be more natural-looking and yes bone would be better, thank you.

• JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

Or maybe teeth would be cooler than bone...?

• Teeth sounds good also. Thanks :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Flint or obsidian might work

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726

All great options. Will try them out. thanks. :)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

The texture of the helmet and club look flat, but I'm guessing that's part of what's still "in progress."

The overlap between places where Neanderthals and Leopards live is basically zero, so that capelet is a little confusing.

So here is what I did with the club, It has 2 options on it. and you can show or hide either one. One will be Bone and the other will be obsidian. I loved both Ideas so much, I had to have them both. :)

club1.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 259K
    club2.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 245K
    club3.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 185K
    club4.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 189K

Hylas said:

The texture of the helmet and club look flat, but I'm guessing that's part of what's still "in progress."

The overlap between places where Neanderthals and Leopards live is basically zero, so that capelet is a little confusing.

Yes the outfit is still in progress work, but thank you very much for bringing that to my attention. About Neanderthals, the main resion I chose the word Neanderthals was because I was thinking that Caveman was overused. But if Caveman would suit it better, maybe I should use it anyways. :)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I hope there will be stilettos on the shoes for females.

• pdspds Posts: 593

I like that you are targeting a character who pre-dates all of the recent Viking and Egyptian content. As far as the club is concerned, if it's not too difficult, you might consider including some geometric detail so it looks less smooth and more organic (more of a lumpy/scarred/grooved tree limb). Also, adding a means by which the teeth and obsidian spikes are attached to the club could help with the realism. Perhaps some sort of rope-like binding or at least texturing around the point of attachment so it looks as if the sharp and pointy stuff were manually added by our combative caveman. At the moment, the spikes look like what they are: intersected 3D geometries. 

You might also consider optional bloody textures that could be added to the club/spikes.

Good Ideas, I love them will do more detail on the club.

Great Ideas everyone, thank you. Yes I will do more detail on the club as well as the bone helmet.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Neanderthals would likely wear warmer clothing. Hunters don't tend to wear outfits that catch in the environment or make it difficult to stalk big game which is what neanderthals went for. Spears or clubs which are lighter with a stone club might be more accurate. 

hmmm, then to be more accurate I would probably have to change the name to something else then Neanderthals.

edited May 2021

Serene Night said:

Neanderthals would likely wear warmer clothing. Hunters don't tend to wear outfits that catch in the environment or make it difficult to stalk big game which is what neanderthals went for. Spears or clubs which are lighter with a stone club might be more accurate. 

In your understanding what would my outfit be more acurate as, insted of Neanderthal?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited May 2021

Since most Neanderthals lived during the Ice Age probably something like a fur or animal skin poncho. Layers probably considering the temputures of that time. Check out this link: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160919-the-real-origin-of-clothes

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

This page about Neanderthal (Mousterian) tools and weapons might give you some ideas.

Thanks, will look at them.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,066
    Don't want to do anything other than offer a thought or two. Neanderthals were not modern humans. They were stocky with big beaky noses and receding foreheads. Their brain size average seems to have been slightly larger than modern humans. They split off our line of evolution maybe 600000 years ago. The character you have shown is a modern human not a Neanderthal (Cro-Magnon's are/were modern humans). I don't think any evidence for Neanderthal clothing exists, so you have a free hand. There is no evidence of weaving loom weights, so clothes are more likely to have been furs as modern human loom weights survive in abundance from later periods. Their tools were unsophisticated by modern human flint tool standards of the same time, but quite effective. It's probable some of the earliest rock art in Europe was done by Neanderthals rather than exclusively by modern humans, so decoration on the clothes is possible. In some sites fish bones have been found in locations and organisations indicative of necklaces. It's almost certain burial ceremonies were conducted. And in the last known site in Europe prior to extinction, so was cannibalism.
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

richardandtracy said:

Don't want to do anything other than offer a thought or two. Neanderthals were not modern humans. They were stocky with big beaky noses and receding foreheads. Their brain size average seems to have been slightly larger than modern humans. They split off our line of evolution maybe 600000 years ago. The character you have shown is a modern human not a Neanderthal (Cro-Magnon's are/were modern humans). I don't think any evidence for Neanderthal clothing exists, so you have a free hand. There is no evidence of weaving loom weights, so clothes are more likely to have been furs as modern human loom weights survive in abundance from later periods. Their tools were unsophisticated by modern human flint tool standards of the same time, but quite effective. It's probable some of the earliest rock art in Europe was done by Neanderthals rather than exclusively by modern humans, so decoration on the clothes is possible. In some sites fish bones have been found in locations and organisations indicative of necklaces. It's almost certain burial ceremonies were conducted. And in the last known site in Europe prior to extinction, so was cannibalism.

Interesting stuff. So would Cro-Magnon be a better description for this outfit?

If a historical association with palaeontology is desired, then that would be one name that could be used. I think the term has become unfashionable in recent years due the original theories that they were a different species from modern humans (which proved wrong) and the fact that only males were considered in the original 'Cro-Magnon Man' naming. It can be surprising how powerful fashion can be. Also, with more samples being found, there is increasing evidence available and less need to rely so much on the limited number of original 'Cro-Magnon' bones for the record.
    edited May 2021

I might just call it the Wildman outfit. that way it will be accepted with whatever I do, as it might become too difficult to make it as accurate as I can for Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal

edited May 2021
    That is probably the best idea. Hope it does well.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

Wildman sounds good to me as it also fits with a fantasy vibe - say, Conan-style. I like what you've done with the club!

well I'm kind of thinking it will be Cave People Outfits Because it will be for both Gen 8 Male and Females. WildMan kind of only speaks for the male outfit. 

edited May 2021

Here are some images of the updated Club. I will have other weapons as well.

Club1.jpg
    763 x 572 - 123K
    Club2.jpg
    763 x 572 - 120K
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Wildman... I like it... but if you think that pigeon holes you to "Male only" (which I don't think it does) maybe "Hunter Gatherers for G8.1" or something.  
    But, think of the marketing opportunities you could have going the "Wild" route! 

"Cavegirls gone Wild! Expansion Pack"

So I am officially going to go with Wildman, since I think it will go best with my outfits. 

Here are a few more renders of the outfit combinations you will have. He has 5 different skin textures for his cape and 5 different skin textures for his dress.

I will work on more weapons for him next.

WildMan1.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 629K
    WildMan2.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 592K
    WildMan3.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 664K
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Looks great. I'd make the club less heavy, shape it more like a cudgel i.e. weighted at the end. I imagine it as a heavy tree branch selected for its shape rather then a tree trunk. Hope it does well.