Rendering issue with Natty Hair

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the Natty Hair for Genesis 8 (https://www.daz3d.com/natty-hair-for-genesis-8-females) that I just bought. Here's what I see when I add it to my model (view the file)

This is not at all how it appears on the previews, do I have to make a particular adjustment? I feel like I'm missing hair haha.. Thank you for your answers :)

Capture d’écran 2021-04-22 225303.png
1279 x 1119 - 1M

Comments

• Is that a render or preview? If preview, is it the Filament Drawstyle? That often makes hair look thin.

• Hey Richard, I see this in the Nvidia Iray preview and in the render too.

• Hmm, it looks like that to me too - there are two sets of materials, one thin and one thick, but they don't seem very different. You may need to open a support ticket for this.

• meganappstatemeganappstate Posts: 85
    edited April 2021

Natty hair is a processor hog, even in Texture Shaded view, with the full hair visible as in, there's a 1-2 second delay while it redraws the hair every time you change ANYTHING in the scene, so it loads with just the hair cap and a few strands visible. There are (should be) two utility presets in the Content panel: Preview On, Preview Off. You have to select the hair and double-click Preview Off [edit: Preview On] in the Content pane in order to make the hidden strands visible. 

Post edited by meganappstate on
  • ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Natty hair?  I thought it was dreadlocks hair hence the ole Jamaican terminology surprise

• Thank you very much Megan ! I can see all the hair now :)

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • I'm having the same issue with rendering the Natty hair.   Anyone else?  Is there a fix?

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Yep same here, at first I thought I had setup for a Filament render but its the hairs fault.

Has anyone raised this issue with Daz yet?

edited May 2022

Redacted

Other than the Shader Mixer/Utility I cannot find any Utilities option or Preview Shader options.

Could you please advise as to how I access these options as my ignorance knows no bounds?

Strange the Preview On option in the Natty Hair folder didnt work for me no matter what.

So I thought the Utilities reference was some other thing I needed to set.

In the end I tried the Windows solution and rebooted DS and now it works.

edited May 2022

Redacted

Weird, why would they have the item's release be non renderable by default.

edited May 2022

Redacted

Yes, I'm using a 1060 with 6G of Vram and it renders the first time then fails every render after the 1st.

I checked the log and its definetly a memory hog but I cant see why as it doesnt look to any more detailed than other hair.