send to command

TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a way in Studio to make one object snap over to the location of another?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep, use the Align Tab. Thats Window>Tabs>Align. You select the object to send to and then Ctrl select the move object. You have different options on how they will align. Play with it a few times and you will soon get the hang of it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited December 1969

You can also just use copy and paste, if they line up when zeroed.

edited July 2012

You can also just use copy and paste, if they line up when zeroed.
    Would you please finish this thought. That's Copy Paste the X Y Z location settings from one item into the other items Settings in Parameters. Don't you mean Richard? Not all users understand that without some help. ;-)
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited December 1969

Just select the item you want to move to, ctrl-c, select teh item you want to move, ctrl-v. Assuming, of course, that there aren't other settings you don't want matched

edited December 1969

Just select the item you want to move to, ctrl-c, select teh item you want to move, ctrl-v. Assuming, of course, that there aren't other settings you don't want matched
    What? Really? Wait. Holy molly. It works, it works in ALL DS versions, I tested it in DS2, DS3A and DS4Pro. Why the heck did NOBODY ever point this out before? Richard YOU ROCK!! This is now added to my base of knowledge and will help many in the future I'm sure.

Still can not belive I never knew this in almost four years.