WTHAIDW?: Can't get dsMorphLoader to install

edited December 1969 in New Users

Greetings, DAZ NUF Community.

I have a somewhat vexing problem. I have DAZ Studio content that I am trying to install onto a new HP Pavilion dv7 notebook computer. Among the applications I'm trying to install, is ds_ap003_MorphLoader_win, ds_ap003_MorphLoader_Win32, ds_ap003_MorphLoader_Win64. When I attempt to install these apps, I get the following message:
"The installation path for DAZ Studio could not be found. "Morph Loader" cannot be installed. Setup will now quit." Can someone, anyone, please tell me JWTHAIDW?

Respectfully clueless......

Walter D Wormack
callsign: Awestriker49

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Those are old versions -where did you get them? The current versions are included in the main DAZ Studio 4 Pro installation.

• edited December 1969

Greetings, Mr. Haseltine.

Thank you for your prompt response. I bought the applications in question from DAZ Studio Productions, back in 2010. I've been delayed in trying to use these applications because my previous computer lacked the necessary horsepower to use any version of DAZ Studio, or Poser, for that matter. Having bought myself a brand new HP notebook computer, with a quad-core processor, and 8GB of RAM, I'm hoping to make up for lost time. Now if I could only make heads-or-tails of just how to install all of my content into my computer, and be confident that it will be going where it's supposed to going in the proper runtimes/libraries. I be a very happy camper. A lot of the content I've purchased from vendors, DAZ excluded, is in .zip file format. And I don't think I'm installing it in the right places. There are times when I think I'm the butt of a very twisted inside joke and the vendorsare having a laugh at my expense.

Anyway, Thank you, and everyone else in the DAZ Forum community, for your help and counsel.

Respectfully....

Walter D. Wormack
    Callsign:Awestriker49

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

The new zip files from DAZ should add a pdf guide on installing to your downloads (or at least, the only one I've encountered so far did). There is going to be an install manager for those who prefer the current system, an application that will (among other things) unpack the zips to the chosen folder.

• edited December 1969

Greetings again, Sir.

Thank you for that interesting bit of news. I will be glad, and very grateful, to get that much needed application when it arrives. It will definitely alliviate and enhance, my using DAZ Studio 4. You have a great day.

Respectfully....

Walter D. Wormack
    Callsign: Awestriker49