17th-18th officer uniform

MortzeMortze Posts: 184
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Anybody knows where I can find officer uniforms like this Bill Murray one?
Thanks!

face1.jpg
600 x 682 - 95K

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

Anybody knows where I can find officer uniforms like this Bill Murray one?
    Thanks!

Renapd at Renderosity has a number of Napoleonic era uniforms for Michael 4, including one called Cuirassiers that looks like it might be what you need. Her store is also on sale today.

Here at DAZ, Meshitup has some Civil War-era uniforms, but they lack the elaborate epaulettes of the uniform in your image. Luthbel's Corsair has the epaulettes, but on a greatcoat rather than a jacket.

• MortzeMortze Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Cool! Does the Corsair for M5 work well with the M4 figure?

edited December 1969

Cool! Does the Corsair for M5 work well with the M4 figure?

Corsair for Genesis and M5 will almost certainly not work with the original Michael 4 figure. Things seem to go one direction only where clothing is concerned. So, for example, Genesis can wear lots of Generation 4 clothing (through Autofit), and Genesis 2 can wear Genesis 1 clothing (ditto), but Genesis 1 can't generally wear Genesis 2, and M4 and V4 can't wear clothes made for Genesis.

(There are some exceptions where a particular clothing item is made in two versions, one for Gen 4 figures and one for Genesis, but these are usually marked in the product name).

DAZ have published a product called V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis, which gives Genesis the same proportions and appearance as Michael 4. In the "What's Included and Features" listing for Corsair the 'Fits' includes 'Michael 4', which I think refers to this product. In other words, if you have Genesis, and you have the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis (to make your Genesis look like Michael 4), then Corsair should theoretically fit your model well. (I haven't tried this myself).

Genesis should be able to use Michael 4 skin textures, and you should be able to autofit M4 hair etc. to a Genesis figure.

Summary version: can you use Corsair on Michael 4? Not as far as I know. Can you use it on a Genesis made to look like M4? Very probably.

edited December 1969

Bummer.
    Thanks anyway for your time! Much apreciated.

edited December 1969

Bummer.

If you haven't already, do take a look at Renapd's Napoleonic-era clothing. Etiquette discourages direct linking to competing stores, but if you go to Renderosity and search for "cuirassier" or "napoleonic", you'll find them easily enough. That product is for Michael 4, and it looks as if you can probably produce something pretty similar to the image you posted above. Good luck and happy rendering.

edited December 1969

Renapd's seems exaclty what I need. Thanks!