April 2021 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

12345679»

Comments

• @ioonrxoon I really like your Guitar player. Been looking at it since you posted and had the feeling that I wanted to be drawn in more to the man. I am wondering if you applied the rule of thirds? For my eye, I would shift him more to the left putting him in the crosshairs of the first 3rd of the picture.

@davidjones8418 Looks great and more realistic. I like that the flying cans don't stand out as before, now what is flying really looks on fire. Amazing! :- )

@AgitatedRiot Thank you and ya know, when I look at your renders I think "I have so much to learn!"

@Elliandra and @dmcvoacation thanks for your feedback!

@Perlk love the expression on the girls face and the intimate candle glow brings us into her thoughts.

@OriginalSamhain Love this and I am also encouraged by your bravery to use Blender!

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited April 2021

Here's my final version of this as well, changed the lights somewhat to fix the ugly artefacts I had in the previous version and fix the face.

@isis4444merlin You were right, it definitely looks better with this setup. Your final version is perfect, the new background works really well.

Mariachi v2.jpg
    2296 x 2134 - 3M
    Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • Version H here tweeking the gargoyle's textures and adding a flaming skull creature as an extra threat as well as an extra light source on the gargoyle.

Note that this might be my last version of this due to the closeness of the end of the month.

april2021h.png
    1280 x 896 - 2M
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228

Looks 100% better than the first. So how much did you learn doing this?

• @ioonrxoon it looks great! I can almost hear the song he is singing :- )

• Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142
    edited January 2022

a

Post edited by Aki3d on
  • katywhitekatywhite Posts: 414
    edited April 2021

@Elliandra

Thank you for your suggestions! I have attached my tweaked render, foot adjusted and horn smoothed.

You Are a Human_edited2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 7M
    Post edited by katywhite on
  • katywhitekatywhite Posts: 414
    edited April 2021

Elliandra said:

@katywhite
    What a delicious render!!
    I like how most of the girls stand out, but the yellow spotted one on the end is blending into the extra ripe banana background 8( I'd say try a rim light on her but with as bright as the scene is already it might blow out the bubblegum icecream girl's hair out.

Hi again...so I tried your suggestion but not matter how many lights I added and how bright I made them....well it didn't blow anything out it just didn't seem to make any change whatsoever. I have attached my patch render here (of course not an entry) so you can see what I mean....so I think I'll just stick with my original entry. :)

Just to demo (not an entry use my original post as my entry :) ):

Edible Divas patch pt1.png
    2000 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by katywhite on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

@katywhite did you try using bloom? that often gives a nice blowout effect

• FairytaleFairytale Posts: 14

Title: Lost in my head
    Software: Daz 3D, Photoshop
    Challenge: Beginner

Here is my first render using daz!!! 
    I am a pro photographer dabbeling into 3d for the first time.
    I wanted to do something dark but soft at the same time.  I really like doing fantasy/gothic portraits.

Comments are welcome.

• Shinji Ikari 9thShinji Ikari 9th Posts: 1,163

Fairytale said:

Title: Lost in my head
    Software: Daz 3D, Photoshop
    Challenge: Beginner

Here is my first render using daz!!! 
    I am a pro photographer dabbeling into 3d for the first time.
    I wanted to do something dark but soft at the same time.  I really like doing fantasy/gothic portraits.

Comments are welcome.

Spooky, just spooky.  Feels like the image is haunted is the only way to describe the reaction I had on first sight. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

This challenge is now closed

thanks a lot for participating everybody!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Surprised that it's nearly the end of May and the challenge winners have not been announced. Hope everything is ok with you @Linwelly

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 474
    edited May 2021

My apologies on this. It was completely my fault I ended up with medical issues and forgot to let the team know crying

April 2021

Showcased Participants for the April Beginners "Free Render" Challenge

isis4444merlin

Atlas

Fairytale

Lost in my head

kerry

Above and Long Shadow

Showcased Participants for the April Intermediate "Free Render" Challenge

AgitatedRiot

Oh Crap moments

OriginalSamhain

Home

Zygodac

D&D Rogue

Showcased New User for the April Beginners "Free Render" Challenge

dmcvocation/csaa

RPG Campaign

Post edited by Elliandra on
  • Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

Congratulations all! Great renders!

• Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142

I thought the posing challenge was in march and this was an open render challenge. Strange confusion is going on here.

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

Congratulations to the winners! What a fun month of renders!

• Congrats everyone! Great renders!

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 474

Yep it was Free Render but the forum ate my post not once but twice and I forgot to change Pose to Free Render .... oh yea it's been a day and then some ... week of Mondays anyone?

Congrats to all the winners and again my apologies for the long delay in getting this posted!

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Great job and congratulations, guys!

• jkpjkp Posts: 17

Wonderful renders! Congrats!

• Thank you so much! So appreciated and Congrats to All!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228

Wow Thanks  Great work everyone.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

@Elliandra_31860,

I checked this thread only today and saw the results of the contest. Thank so much! I'm very pleased my image was chosen. Congrats to the rest of my fellow winners. 

Cheers!

Elliandra_31860 said:

My apologies on this. It was completely my fault I ended up with medical issues and forgot to let the team know crying

April 2021

Showcased Participants for the April Beginners "Free Render" Challenge